Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is getting a warranty worth the money on a new Versys? I am purchasing a 2014 with abs.

Thanks

Marshall

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Generally speaking extended warranties are high profit/low risk products for the seller. If a buyer has such little faith in a product that an extended warranty seems a safe bet, perhaps the buyer should consider a more reliable product in the first place.

The Versys has proven itself a very reliable machine in my opinion (and those of most of the forum members as near as I can tell) which makes the cost of an extended warranty an unnecessary expense - again, in my opinion.

If it would make you feel more secure about protecting your investment, be certain you read the fine print - all of it - to understand exactly what is covered and what is not. There are countless horror stories about people who have bought such products only to find out that the fine print excludes what might be reasonably considered covered items.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Buy some gear with the money instead or a few farkles....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussions on warranties are like religion and politics. Who knows and at the end of the day your going to do what you want anyway. Personally my warranty paid for a new stator, gear shift linkeage and two(2) instrument panels. So it worked out for me but, again, who knows.

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
Had an extended warranty on my KLR (original owner had bought it, then sold the KLR at 230 kms!), and I NEVER had a use for it in about 75,000 kms...!

My '08 V has 51,xxx miles, my '09 has 46,xxx kms. Basically no problemos...!

...and WELCOME!

·
Registered
29 Posts
As a former sales person, I was often asked if a warranty was worth it?

I would say, "Will consumer reports or the individual who told you not to get one pay for the repairs?"

It's about peace of mind. 99 out of 100 times your product will be fine. But we are not talking about a DVD or blu-Ray player for a $100. You're talking about a $10,000 moto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts