Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal practice to charge someone $100 to transfer the extended warranty from one owner to another? This is the Kawasaki Factory Extended warranty.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Never heard that one before but haven't tried to do it either. Go online to the Kawasaki site and look up the terms of the extended warranty. If there is a transfer fee then it has to be listed in the terms.

Is the dealer trying to charge you this fee or Kawa America?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard that one before but haven't tried to do it either. Go online to the Kawasaki site and look up the terms of the extended warranty. If there is a transfer fee then it has to be listed in the terms.

Is the dealer trying to charge you this fee or Kawa America?
I stopped by Woods Fun Center in Austin this morning to get a price on a part* and stopped by the service desk to ask them about transferring the warranty.

The guy said, "just go over to the finance office and give them $100 and they'll take care of it."

I decided to check that out before shelling out a Benjamin.

* - the part was for the upper left cowling, and they wanted $204 for it, plus tax. I'm all for supporting local business, but when I can get the same part for $130 online, it's hard to argue. That's a significant difference.

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Woods Funcenter didn't charge me anything to transfer the warranty...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts