Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just pull the grab rails and let one tire drag...sometimes both.
There is no reason to do this unless you are in a dirt trail with no banks to climb on, and mostly leveled.
Plan to put the stand on a high spot too.

And trust me, you don't want to try this on a slope in any direction. Visualize it.
  • Very dangerous to do if you stand on the high side, although the wheels can float high in the air, you could loose foot and slip under the bike, or loose balance and spill it away from you with tank below tires.
  • Almost certain drop if standing on low side because tires are likely to float too low and rub, maybe tip it on you, or at least a spill with tires higher than tank.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to know in case you find yourself in a situation when you don’t have any options but….
It happened to my dad's FJR1300, he thought he could drop from a little sidewalk but i stopped him because it would break the plastics and exhaust under, the bike was stuck on the sidewalk because there was a slope behind and no empty space in front

So i used the sidestand technique so i could pivot the bike and safely go back on the road

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
It happened to my dad's FJR1300, he thought he could drop from a little sidewalk but i stopped him because it would break the plastics and exhaust under, the bike was stuck on the sidewalk because there was a slope behind and no empty space in front

So i used the sidestand technique so i could pivot the bike and safely go back on the road
He should have just wheelied off the curb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts