Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a center stand for a first generation (2008) Versys 650.

Please let me know if you have one for sale, as I don't want to have change a tire mid trip again by setting the bike on the side.

Thank you, please PM and Reply here.

Also - Bump it for me if you found it funny (or sell me yours >:)).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure you could remove the wheel, and change your tire using a "crutch-stand".

The velcro tape is to hold the front brake ON so it can't roll.

And here it is while I lube the chain on my Gen 3, somewhere WAY-Y-Y up N.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that is one way to do it! Good and stable? I suppose it has three points of contact. Still interested in a commercially available product for now ;).

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
Well that is one way to do it! Good and stable? I suppose it has three points of contact. Still interested in a commercially available product for now ;).
As I mentioned - I have NOT used it to change a tire, but I'm pretty sure it would work (and it ONLY weighs about a pound...).

·
Registered
929 Posts
Post deleted. I wasn't aware there was a commercially available center stand for Gen 1's. I gotta pay more attention...

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Dallas Don made a center stand for the first gen's but I've never seen one come up for sale.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Some of us have purchased the SW Motech. I love mine. I currently have no intention to sell it, or my Versys, but being a bike addict (had 50+)...that could change any day.

Meanwhile, new ones are available on the shelf. See link below. It states that it fits 2009-14, though I don't recall any changes between 2008 & 2009, so it'll likely work on yours.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-centerstand-for-kawasaki-versys-650-10-15

Key point: it is designed to work with OEM configuration, so things like aftermarket exhaust and/or lowering links may create installation issues. Mine are stock and installation was straightforward.

Looking for a center stand for a first generation (2008) Versys 650.

Please let me know if you have one for sale, as I don't want to have change a tire mid trip again by setting the bike on the side.

Thank you, please PM and Reply here.

Also - Bump it for me if you found it funny (or sell me yours
).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Currently am lowered, but planned on raising back up eventually. Especially if it interfered with the center stand. The DIY method looks to be a bit more than I can handle, so still looking!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright update! One has come up for sale locally.

This is the issue though - My bike is lowered from Speedy's Motowerk 2" lowering block (front is also lowered 2").

Anyone run the lowering set up and run a center stand? The engineer in my doesn't think it will work as it wasn't designed to be used with a lowered bike :/.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts