Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across these pictures from last year's airshow at Edwards AFB...! :thumb: Guess it's what you might call "30 mm bling"....

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh no! Another gun thread!:confused:

The question is...Does the Versys have enough horsepower to fire one of those things and not fly backwards? I guess I have never computed the horsepower of a GAU-8.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A-10 = HELLS YEAH!

Dunno if I can get that under my seat though...

:closed:

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW: Saturday morning I was watching "GEARZ" on Speed, and during one scene Stacey was holding up a bicycle (Schwinn?) with what appeared to me to be a 'Ma Deuce' (Browning .50 cal machine gun) attached to the right side of the top frame tube, and about 30" of bbl sticking out front. I don't think it was real (can you imagine TRYING to keep the bike upright with all that weight hanging off the right side?), but SURE would be cool! :exactly:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great Pics! Edwards does an awesome job on their Airshows.

·
Registered
582 Posts
and to think, those barrels are kicking out a 2.2 lb. depleted uranium round...no wonder they call them "tankbusters"!!

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and to think, those barrels are kicking out a 2.2 lb. depleted uranium round...no wonder they call them "tankbusters"!!
I still remember the first time I heard about that 30 mm gun while I was in the RCAF. "Aviation Week and Space Technology" had a series of pics of a tank (as target) for a strafing run. First pic - tank; second - tank with some rounds impacting; third - tank with LOTS of rounds impacting; fourth - obscured by smoke as MANY rounds were impacting; and fifth - a TOTALLY destroyed tank!
At the time (classified???) there was no indication that the ammo was depleted uranium.

HOLY SH*T, BATMAN!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts