Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I am the proud owner of a white 2015 Versys LT! Just waiting for the stork to drop by. Dealer says I should have it first or second week of April. I went ahead and purchased the top case as well since the new model allows saddle AND top box!

New to the forum, new to the Versys, not so new to motorcycles. Can't wait to fall in love!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
:welcome: sort of like Christmas eve that lasts too long, huh? I'll wager you love the bike.

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys,

Congratulations for your new versys. A month ago I had a chance to check it in a motorbike fair but I was a bit disappointed by the new design. They try to make it look ninja alike although old design had a character which is unique to versys. Because of this I'm looking for a versys 2012-2014. I would like to hear what you think.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: sort of like Christmas eve that lasts too long, huh? I'll wager you love the bike.
The state of groundhog day meets Xmas eve... Can't wait till my shop calls me with the arrival. Going to have to assemble the top box myself... Six separate pieces (wtf). Can't pay to have someone read the instructions for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys,

Congratulations for your new versys. A month ago I had a chance to check it in a motorbike fair but I was a bit disappointed by the new design. They try to make it look ninja alike although old design had a character which is unique to versys. Because of this I'm looking for a versys 2012-2014. I would like to hear what you think.
Thanks. I didn't mind the old look but the infamous vibes (read, never experienced), adjustable screen, and the Nissan brakes sold me... I dunno, only time will tell!

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey guys,

I'm with you on this. Love my 2013. And although the new design is sharp and crisp, I think the v now more than ever too closely resembles several other bikes out there - FJ9, Ninja, CBR, are a few thar come to mind. The insect-like duel headlights and sharper contours on these models are to blame. Nothing against members who pull the trigger on the 2015s...Sweet bike nonetheless. But a bit of the v character has been compromised in favor of cycle fashion.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
I'm with you on this. Love my 2013. And although the new design is sharp and crisp, I think the v now more than ever too closely resembles several other bikes out there - FJ9, Ninja, CBR, are a few thar come to mind. The insect-like duel headlights and sharper contours on these models are to blame. Nothing against members who pull the trigger on the 2015s...Sweet bike nonetheless. But a bit of the v character has been compromised in favor of cycle fashion.
WHATEVER it looks like... there's one HELLUVA great motorcycle in there...!

:welcome:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bike gets delivered Tuesday! I'll pick it up Saturday. For the life of me I can't settle on how I want to beak it in, type of oil, and how quick to do the first change (50 miles, 600, etc)...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Bike gets delivered Tuesday! I'll pick it up Saturday. For the life of me I can't settle on how I want to beak it in, type of oil, and how quick to do the first change (50 miles, 600, etc)...
Just ride it. It will break itself in. The oil will be fine if you leave it 3000 miles before changing it. You ever see anyway getting as goofy over new cars as people do over new bikes?

I got a free oil change that was supposed to be done at 600 miles thrown in at the last place I bought a new bike. I took it on a trip and it had about 1500 miles on it when I got back. I took it to the shop and the service writer looked at me like I had 3 heads. He curtly advised me that "this was supposed to be done at 600 miles!" I said "it's got more than that, but it's here now." He then said "if it doesn't make any funny noises, I guess it should be alright." I almost pissed myself trying to keep from laughing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I started a new thread on this in general discussion... probably shouldn't have, but meh.

So.... Good news is I picked up my VersysLT on Saturday morning. I immediately fell in-love and don't regret my decision to join the versys family in the slightest!!!

Bad news... Even though I paid the $700 markup for the LT model... the factory shipped it without the panniers or handgaurds!! :thumbdown:

This means another long week of waiting for the other 10% of my Versys to come in! The baseplate for the rear case (purchased seperately) won't be here for a few additional weeks.

Guess that's the only downside to buying first few months into a new model year!!!

Anyways.... Did my first oil change at 56 miles... Threw in a goldplug magnetic oil plug and tossed some rare earth magnets onto the new oil filter.

This factory break-in period is killing me! Manual says to not exceed 4K RPMS for the first 500 miles.... This means 55MPH riding or less for WAAAYYY too long... I'm allowed to hit 6K RPMS once I reach 500 apparently... maybe I can do 65 or 70 at that point?!

I'll post pics once I get the rest of the bike in and put together.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
You can get substantially improved wind protection equivalent or better than new bike with after market wind screen. Like my givi plus I think bike looks better with it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts