Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through a bunch of threads, but only found one mention of anyone using a VStream windscreen on the VX3. Anyone else ever try one - and if so, what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I can't speak for the 300X, but I did have a VStream on my Gen 1 Versys 650 for a couple years, and it was a really great screen to reduce wind and noise. I'm new to the Gen 3 650, only had it for 10 days or so. So far I'm liking the stock screen, but if I am ever looking for a swap, it will be for a VStream.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't speak for the 300X, but I did have a VStream on my Gen 1 Versys 650 for a couple years, and it was a really great screen to reduce wind and noise. I'm new to the Gen 3 650, only had it for 10 days or so. So far I'm liking the stock screen, but if I am ever looking for a swap, it will be for a VStream.
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve never had one personally, but had friends that used them on FJR’s with good results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the exact same one on my 300X, Being 6"-2" i appreciate the extra height from the stock screen. Not so much that there is less turbulence but rather less wind on top of helmet
causing less pressure on the neck which make a huge deal when riding on highways. You will not regret it !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the exact same one on my 300X, Being 6"-2" i appreciate the extra height from the stock screen. Not so much that there is less turbulence but rather less wind on top of helmet
causing less pressure on the neck which make a huge deal when riding on highways. You will not regret it !
good to hear! Thanks!!!! I’ll post up my results as well, once I get one ordered and installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to followup on the VStream windshield. I received mine yesterday and mounted it up. Aesthetically, it’s taller (about 3” I believe) and the same width as stock. The light tint is a nice touch. Holes lined up near perfect and installation was straight forward. The shield has a good quality “feel” to it and is not flimsy or thin. Due to the complex curves/shapes, some distortion is present, but not to the point that it hindered the normal viewing area.
I took the bike for about a 40 mile ride this morning at two-lane highway speeds of 65-70. Winds were predominantly cross, which I feel is a good test. VAST improvement over stock with little or no buffeting. I’m about 5’ 10” with a normal upper torso. I wear a full-face modular helmet and ear plugs. I did not have my “tunes” with me, but feel I could have listened to them fine.

All-in-all, I’d say the screen is a “keeper”.

YMMV

Reactions: betoney

·
Registered
7 Posts
A pic of my Kappa screen (sorry for messy background). It is 48cm of height, but still the helmet is quite windy (of course, way less vs original) for my 5'10". It's easy to see over it, which seems to mean also less wind protection. I have to get uncomfortably low/small behind it to get enough quiet.

I see the VStream is 40,6cm, and it seems to be more upright as the Kappa's upper end is tilted towards rider. Is there a chance someone with VStream to post similar pic?
Just wondering, shall I go for Puig (52cm) or VStream. Maybe a pic with Puig from someone as well?
Unfortunately forgot to take the Puig screen extensioner along for testing with the Kappa screen, but with its 9cm, it would probably look too huge and obstruct the sight as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m afraid my background is equally messy - but here’s a picture of my VStream.

Reactions: mrtn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! Very different angle indeed, just straight up compared to Kappa. See the imaginary projection line up from the end of the front fairing (the one around front light). this might make difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems to do a very good job. I’m quite happy with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the tinted version of the V-Stream, as mentioned in a previous reply, i'm 6'-2" and it is great for me....It may look shorter that the other V=Stream pic, i't because i have 30mm handlebar risers....
IMG_0888.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IIRC, the dark tint one is the shortest of the 3 sizes available for the 300. Mid size is a mid tint and the tall is clear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts