Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on this forum want to hold their hand up and volunteer for the position of skipper, tactician or crew member on Oracle. They are desperate. They need to pull something out of the hat in the next three races, and its not a rabbit.
If interested contact Larry at team Oracle, USA, with your CV.
I really hope we can win the Cup again. Go team NZ and best of luck Oracle.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Its not fair really because the Kiwi's got something :topsecret: going on under the water. Probably and old Burt Munro modification would be a good guess ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Its not fair really because the Kiwi's got something :topsecret: going on under the water. Probably and old Burt Munro modification would be a good guess ;)
Sounds like Oracle has a Bob Semple modification under its water...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't give away all our secrets Phill, three races to go. With all the resources Larry has at his disposal he could soon knock something up, after all he has enough kiwi's on his payroll.
If he wants to cover his bets at retaining or winning the cup, he should buy New Zealand. That could take some time though as the IWI would drag it out a bit, so he may miss out.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some one spilled the beans, or been spying. Did Oracle finally ditch that "ballast". Now we have a boat race. Mistakes will now be costly for both teams, look at ETNZ, man talk about close. That would have been the "ultimate capsize". Was it pressure - someone forgot to press the button to change the sail shape, or was it a gear problem, we will never know. The whole of NZ stopped breathing. Pity the 2nd race was stopped when NZ were looking ok. One thing for sure we are going to be sitting on the edge of our seats. The All Black rugby win last night great, it was brutal, blood, injuries, concussion, yellow and red cards. Wait till they place in South Africa in a couple of weeks, man will it be brutal. Watching American football will be like watching paint dry by comparison.
Go the AB's and ETNZ. :thumb::goodluck:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phill. Did you hear on tv this morning that Larry flew in 14 kiwi boatbuilders to help make his boat go faster. Also Oracle have copied ETNZ boat handling and crewmanship techniques. Speaks alot for little old NZ. Oracle are now equal to ETNZ on boat performance. One race each this morning. Nail biting stuff. Great.
Go ETNZ

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
We will be sitting on the edge of our seats next wed morn NZ time, I think races start around 8am and I will get home from nightshift around 7.30 am so probably will not go to bed until after the race but at least 4 days off from then on.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Obviously this add has worked. A team of Kiwi boat builders were called in to get Oracles boat going faster, and it has worked, clever buggers. I hear Oracle now have 74 Kiwis on their payrole, and all components are made in NZ.

Now - any volunteers for ETNZ. Now that Oracle has matched our boat speed, i think our brains trust on the boat is lacking a bit of confidence, needs an injection of self belief and mongrel.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Boats/crews so evenly matched now and like they say its been a game of two halves, to win it seems you need to win start line and be in front at first mark.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tomorrow is the day!
The defending champion U.S. team has won seven consecutive races since falling behind 8-1 in the first-to-nine series.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
You kiwi's seem to have underestimated good ole 'Merica. I remember when it was 8-2 not 8-8 uh oh.

I liked the 33rd cup when the USA showed up with a 110 foot trimaran, THAT was a spectacle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts