1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this...
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=169281825482&h=6ds1e&u=sSpRd
...and wondered if anyone else had any experience of this product

it looks like the parts are made by a group of friends on a forum in Italy, and they are not being sold by other companies, but they are availabel to individuals

any thoughts ?

I'm slightly paranoid at the thought of rectifier / voltage problems. I don't know about the water temp being an issue but it would add a nice symmetry to the volt meter.

cost is €43 for the voltmeter €47 for the temp gauge excluding post and packing which seems at first glance a bit steep. Im looking at ordering some with regulars on versys.co.uk, with a view to putting in a bulk/bulkier order to try and get the price down a bit

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... your link to the product takes me to a facebook page. Are you sure you've got the right link??
understand your caution, yes it is correct. I came across the voltmeter + temp guage whilst looking at Versys groups on facebook.

as said before the product comes from another forums, and is not marketed by a company. Its a bit more hi tech than, say, Eamon/Clunky doing the heel protectors

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Ok, trusting a complete stranger on the internet, I clicked the link & followed through...

:eek:

Looks like a neat idea, but the pictures are not the best quality, & I can't read pig-latin. I guess you're left to the other forum's members & their opinions. If you do purchase them, please post a few pictures & let us know what you think.

:thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those Versys Instruments was developed by a member of my motorcycle club, Ting'Avert, in Italy. Here you can find more info:

http://www.motoclub-tingavert.it/t386081s.html

Many members purchased the full kit with great satisfaction, it's a true masterpiece :thumb:

The kit comes with detailed photo instruction for installation and setup, a little skill in DIY is required, nothing a good biker can't afford.

It will be my birthday gift, with a new set of tyres :D

Proud to be a Tingavertian!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not for me. I know it's unfair to hold every home-grown fabricator in Italy to the standards of Enzo Ferrari, but it IS Italian... and it doesn't leave me breathless.

:sleeping:

Maybe tighten them up into a single instrument, re-think the font, dump the written labels, square the LEDs, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
We just call it "italian", nothing a good translator can't deal with, even a primitive translation could give you hints about the content...

Anyway, I was able to learn your language, perhaps you can try to learn mine :goodluck:

No offense was meant, only a poor attempt at humor.

:thumb:

·
Registered
577 Posts
No offense was meant, only a poor attempt at humor. :thumb:
sometimes one can forget that other people read these things :eek:
that is a nice looking kit. the electronics needed to do that are pretty simple, and I'd buy one if I didn't already have a voltmeter. I also use an aquarium thermometer on the upper radiator hose, for relative temps. you can epoxy the sensor onto the radiator, too, I suppose.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have this from my 250, but havent' put it on the Versys yet. Will surface mount it on the instrument panel cowling when I install the heated grips.

It is a Heads-Up Voltage Meter from Signal Dynamics. I bought the single panel mount version.

I wired it to my auxillary fuse box, and works like a charm.

It is a tri-color LED. The colors are as follows.

Flashing Green - Over 15.25V
Steady Green - Above 12.9V
Steady Amber - Above 12.6V
Steady Red - Above 12.1V
Flashing Red - Below 12V

Here it is mounted on my bike (look close).

A close up so you can actually see it.

Here it is with the key on.

Finally a video to show it working. It flashes each color when power is first turned on to show they are all working. Then it goes to red, and when the bike starts flashes a quick amber then finally green (it doesn't change brightness in the middle, that was just my camera). When I shut it off it goes back down to red, and with the headlights left on starts flashing red.

Would be nice to make a water temp gauge that worked in a similar way. Maybe yellow until it reaches operating temp, then green for normal temp range, and red for overheating. I might have to talk to my electrical and computer engineering buddies to help me make one.

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
I got this one. its waterproof and simple install.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Camaroz sez: "It is a Heads-Up Voltage Meter from Signal Dynamics. I bought the single panel mount version."

Try as I will I can't get that link to respond. The Signal Dynamics website makes no mention of it. Did you buy it a while ago or recently ? I think I gotta have one of these...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Regarding the cost of the Italian gauge package, If anyone's interested...
- Cost of thermometer kit complete with all accessories for mounting: 47 Euro...$62.16US
- Cost of Voltmeter kit complete with all mounting accessories: 43 Euro...$56.87US
- Cost of shipping by registered Italian Post-1: 6 Euro

First impression:
I like them.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts