Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got a few items drawing some juice, what is the preferred method to monitor that the charge is staying strong enough. Here's what I have:
- Stebal horn - wired direct onto battery with it's 30 amp fuse
-Aux. lights - wired into a switched fuse block slot
-Oxford heated grips - wired into a switched fuse block slot
-12v lighter socket- wired into a switched fuse block slot
-Charging pigtail-wired into hot slot on the fuse block
-Backoff, Admore lights for bags and Acerbus hand guard turn signal inserts are all wired directly to the corresponding hot wires

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have a battery tender there is an SAE voltage meter you can get on Amazon that, by my tests, is pretty much spot on. Only draw back is you're stuck mounting it in a goofy place since most Tender uses poke the SAE out the side of the seat. I just reach down and check it at lights periodically. There are green yellow and red LED lights for a visual, non-specific, read out.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I run heated grips, heated gloves, heated vest,(I hate cold) and I'm considering heated pants liner maybe next year. I have a Heads UP voltage monitor offered by Back Off products for 30.00. You only see the multi-colored led. With all that stuff running, sitting at a stoplight, I still show a green light with my idle set to 1500 rpm. It's a simple solution and it's always there.

·
Premium Member
9,114 Posts
I run heated grips, heated gloves, heated vest,(I hate cold) and I'm considering heated pants liner maybe next year. I have a Heads UP voltage monitor offered by Back Off products for 30.00. You only see the multi-colored led. With all that stuff running, sitting at a stoplight, I still show a green light with my idle set to 1500 rpm. It's a simple solution and it's always there.
I have the same, but there are people on this forum that like to see numbers. My take on the heads up, is the same as the traffic lights,Green is Go
And unless you constantly stare at the meter you will never see it happen, if you bike is already running in the below 12.9 VDC, your on your way to a new stator.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...I have a Heads UP voltage monitor offered by Back Off products for 30.00. You only see the multi-colored led. With all that stuff running, sitting at a stoplight, I still show a green light with my idle set to 1500 rpm. It's a simple solution and it's always there.
I have the same, but there are people on this forum that like to see numbers. My take on the heads up, is the same as the traffic lights,Green is Go
And unless you constantly stare at the meter you will never see it happen, if you bike is already running in the below 12.9 VDC, your on your way to a new stator.
Me THREE!!! (At least - on my '15....)

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts