Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a thread from the archives but didn't say anything much about this product, instead, people are suggeting galfer, ebc, etc.

After 11,500km, my front pads are done (almost metal to metal). I ordered this from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/360421763770?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and should arrive next week. I will post an update and how it compares to our stock pads.

@13.99$/set of front and back (I ordered two sets), let's see if it can meet daily driving, long distance touring, and track, and if front can last at least 6000km.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The O.E.M. pads are actually very good. I can think of better places to save $20. No pads are gonna be good for track, long distance driving and daily driving.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I replaced my stock pads with the Volar sintered HH. It was a cheap mod that made a noticeable difference in my braking performance and feel.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I see a lot of people saying the brakes are awful on the V, but they clearly have not ridden a Harley. hahaha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Local price of a set of front brakes for V is at about $79 here (some ebc HH some are ferodo), i am looking for cheaper alternative so I said why not checkout these cheapo brakes. If it doesn't work within the boundaries of safety per my riding style, then I will not recommend it to other riders, but if it works... then savings for the V and Ninja community :)

For comparison:
$50 - volar two sets (2front/1back) with shipping/customs (landing price)
$100 - kawasa oem
$79 - after market (ebc hh or ferodo)

If it doesn't work, then I will go with Galfer or EBC, lot of people have good feedback on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts