Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My better half and I are leaving this little island tomorrow (Tuesday) and heading off to France for a summer holiday. I hope to have lots of pictures on our return and if there are any good ones, I'll post them here, if you nice people are interested. Now, the only fly in the ointment is that we are going by car. :eek:
The lovely Lynne doesn't 'do' bikes, so we're going in the next best thing, my Mazda MX5 LE. We're going to the Normandy area and although I've visited a couple of times before (by bike), Lynne hasn't. I'll not want to bore her silly with all the invasion stuff and I'm hoping there's plenty of other things to do and see. Anyhow, see y'all in a week or so. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
"This little island" in Nothern Ireland? I think you mean "Vive la France!"... 'Viva' is Spanish: "¡Viva España!" (They also have an upside down exclamation mark at beginning)

That should be an awesome journey! :clap:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"This little island" in Nothern Ireland? I think you mean "Vive la France!"... 'Viva' is Spanish: "¡Viva España!" (They also have an upside down exclamation mark at beginning)

That should be an awesome journey! :clap:

I'll bow to your superior language intellect. I can't speak the lingo anyway, so as usual, it'll be interesting to see what I actually get on my plate come dinner time. :D

Three hours to go and we're away................WooHoo !!!! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
. . . I can't speak the lingo anyway, so as usual, it'll be interesting to see what I actually get on my plate come dinner time. :D

Three hours to go and we're away................WooHoo !!!! :yeahsmile:
Davy,

Ya'll?? You must be from the southern part of Northern Ireland.

But to the important stuff. In my humble opinion, French food is, for the most part, superb - that is if you don't mind tons of butter and cream and other wonderful and rich artery-clogging ingredients. In the time I lived in France (and visited regularly while living in Germany) I decided it didn't matter because I thought the food was too good to pass on. My logic was that at least I'd die gastronimcally satisfied :D Oh yes, and more than a little overweight. Still, happy times, and I'm thinner now to boot.

On the other side of the coin, the French tend to eat certain things I didn't think should be eaten - at least at first. However, the escargot were excellent and after a bit I didn't think of them as garden snails any longer. My brother however always believed that having escargot was too much like trying to eat a pencil eraser soaked in garlic butter. What's to be expected; he's a barbarian.

Have a grand holiday and do post some pictures when you return to the "little island."

Oh, I almost forgot. I had an English (actually a transplanted Irish) girlfriend while living in England who told me her uncle was a tail gunner on a milk float in Dublin! Should I have believed her? ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
.... I decided it didn't matter because I thought the food was too good to pass on. My logic was that at least I'd die gastronimcally satisfied :D
That made me laugh :yeahsmile:

Have fun in the MX-5, but I'd rather take the VW!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're back !!!!

Knackered, lots of miles covered, plenty seen and done and already thinking about 'where next ?'

Here's a taster or two to start with. I'll post more when I get some slee.........................:sleeping:

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Davy,

Ya'll?? You must be from the southern part of Northern Ireland.

But to the important stuff. In my humble opinion, French food is, for the most part, superb - that is if you don't mind tons of butter and cream and other wonderful and rich artery-clogging ingredients. In the time I lived in France (and visited regularly while living in Germany) I decided it didn't matter because I thought the food was too good to pass on. My logic was that at least I'd die gastronimcally satisfied :D Oh yes, and more than a little overweight. Still, happy times, and I'm thinner now to boot.

On the other side of the coin, the French tend to eat certain things I didn't think should be eaten - at least at first. However, the escargot were excellent and after a bit I didn't think of them as garden snails any longer. My brother however always believed that having escargot was too much like trying to eat a pencil eraser soaked in garlic butter. What's to be expected; he's a barbarian.

Have a grand holiday and do post some pictures when you return to the "little island."

Oh, I almost forgot. I had an English (actually a transplanted Irish) girlfriend while living in England who told me her uncle was a tail gunner on a milk float in Dublin! Should I have believed her? ;)

Nice write on food-LMAO and by the way, what is a tail gunner on a milk float:confused:

:cheers:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice write on food-LMAO and by the way, what is a tail gunner on a milk float:confused:

:cheers:

That one has passed me too. :huh:

Speaking of gunners tho' this was quite interesting.

This was one of several heavy steel pillboxes set around a big German complex guarding the deep water port at St Malo. They looked pretty impregnable and I suppose the occupants must have felt nice and safe inside these.

Or maybe not !!!! :eek:

This one was even more scarey. :eek::eek::eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts