Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to ride up to Miami a couple of days back, as they have (HAD!) a pretty neat street of shops selling antiques - more about that in a bit.

Heading N towards Superior, the light was pretty nice on "Picketpost Mountain", so I stopped for a pic....

When I pulled off the Main street (AZ 60 thru town), then N to the 'Antiques Street' I was surprised to see very little happening - MOST of them 'shuttered, NONE open at that time.

I saw what appears to be a very old home

then back E to where it used to be "happening"...

It was a bit of a "bummer', but I continued to the street's end - still nothing happening, then a block to the S, back to AZ 60, and turned E towards Globe. A few blocks up, an old gas station caught my eye, so I turned IN, parked BIG RED, grabbed my camera and took a few pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There was LOTS of old stuff to take pics of, so follow me along:

an old cab-over (?) at the back,

as well as a Model A truck at the far E end of the lot.

Two cars are parked behind a fence by the pumps, but OVER their tops you can see

There's a 'wash' at the W end of town, called the Bloody Tanks Wash (LIKE to know THAT story!), so the station's named after the same thing!

MORE pics of the Model A truck....

W/ an aluminum travel-trailer behind it.

I took another pic of BIG RED

then decided to turn back W, riding home via Superior, thru miles of big rocks.

Got home after a 105 mile ride that took 2.5 hours total. NICE way to spend an afternoon...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for sharing, fasteddie! I love seeing these "out of the way" places. You can only imagine the stories behind all those things you saw!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts