Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put a Viofo A119 w/GPS Dash Cam in the girlfriends car about 2 years ago. Decided to put a camera in the Xterra even though the only time we use it is to get bottled water, pick up folks from the airport or rainy days when i don't want to ride the bike.
Ordered a newer A119S w/GPS and installed it yesterday. Went to put new tires on the Xterra so this was the test run for the camera. Using a CPL Filter on the lens to get rid of any glare...

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lowered The Lens Angle...

·
Registered
379 Posts
You're much quieter when driving a car...

I had an extra A119S and mounted it to the inside of my windscreen with double sided tape. The experiment failed miserably, too much vibrations for the power cord to keep a good connection. It definitely works a lot better mounted on a solid windshield in my car :)

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're much quieter when driving a car...

I had an extra A119S and mounted it to the inside of my windscreen with double sided tape. The experiment failed miserably, too much vibrations for the power cord to keep a good connection. It definitely works a lot better mounted on a solid windshield in my car :)

Yea i wouldn't use a dash cam on a bike for that reason. I was using one of my Drift Ghost in my girlfriends car but the heat got to it and a battery swelled up and ruined the camera. So went with An Viofo A119 w/GPS Mount for her about 2 years ago. The dash cams with the capacitors can handle the heat much better..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts