Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not saying this is supposed to be a great ride or the best rider (he actually does a pass exactly at the time of oncoming traffic!) , but sound is part of the ride. Most videos have wind noise or music that has no meaning to the video itself. I just hope that people posting videos (that I welcome and enjoy) can also produce proper sound. Not an easy task.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
That is excellent audio with very little wind noise. I guess that's with stock exhaust? Mine sounds much better than that, with Muzzy header, Magnaflow silencer with Yoshimura outlet.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah, sounds like the stock exhaust to me. Other than the driving on the wrong side of the road and stupid passing tricks I enjoyed that ride a lot. Closest thing to riding I am likely to see for a couple more months.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hmmm.... I watched it a few times now, and I didn't see anything too squidly. I definitely would've passed the slower riders way before he did. The passing on a double, sometimes you have to do that, or get stuck behind slower traffic. Especially in the twisty stuff. Bikes are completely capable, and if you're smart about it, it can be done safely. I didn't see anything I would consider unsafe. He surely wasn't going too fast. He was passed by a bike with 2up & a truck early on. He slowed down a little too much for his turns, but didn't downshift enough, in my opinion, which lead to slower & wobbly turns & exits. I would ride with him. He might have to speed up a little, though....

·
Premium Member
7,840 Posts
Hmmm.... I watched it a few times now, and I didn't see anything too squidly. I definitely would've passed the slower riders way before he did. The passing on a double, sometimes you have to do that, or get stuck behind slower traffic. Especially in the twisty stuff. Bikes are completely capable, and if you're smart about it, it can be done safely. I didn't see anything I would consider unsafe. He surely wasn't going too fast. He was passed by a bike with 2up & a truck early on. He slowed down a little too much for his turns, but didn't downshift enough, in my opinion, which lead to slower & wobbly turns & exits. I would ride with him. He might have to speed up a little, though....
+10 but then it's the MHS loop and its good 1884 corners in 600km I think and no where to run out if you make a mistake. The Thai Army made this road to fight the Drug lords of the Golden Triangle way back in the 70s. One of the top ten rides in the world. Correct me if wrong on location.

:cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep stock can + GOPRO Hero cam but the route was Central Western, not the famous Mae Hong Son one. I think it was a trip arranged by Kawasaki Thai. The rider goes by the name of TonyBKK in ADV riders forum. He's a good source of info for those heading to this part of the world.

The overleaning guy was indeed hilarious! ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I liked this video alot. It captures the sight and sound of a nice sunny weekend ride on some fun twisty roads. Right up my alley! Funny when he catches the guys at about 3:10 of the vid. Those were the squids!

·
Registered
451 Posts
This makes me hate winter even more, COME ON SPRING!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts