Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding all day....seems my '16 650 has "different" ?..."more" ..? vibrations than my 09 ???? right about 5K Anybody else notice this....not bad, just different than my previos 3 Versys' ive owned....

·
Registered
756 Posts
After riding all day....seems my '16 650 has "different" ?..."more" ..? vibrations than my 09 ???? right about 5K Anybody else notice this....not bad, just different than my previos 3 Versys' ive owned....
Mine is a 14,and supposedly not as smooth as your bike, but it seems we have the same thing going on. and I recall going into a panic the first time I Hit 5K on the bike.. It was like a joy buzzer going off all over the bike. Some here said it would get better with miles.. It has. 4700- smooth, 4900 smooth 5000, buzz.. 5900 buzz... 6000 smooth. I have mine up for sale, and had not ridden it for a few weeks and instead rode the duke. Today, ironically I took it out for 2 hours, and the buzzing didn't seem as bad to me or as big of a deal as I recalled. I had an Enjoyable ride in beautiful weather through gorgeous NC farm country.
Im not sure of the mileage on your bike, mine got noticeably smoother with 2k on the odometer and now with 4700 or so its a tad bit smoother even.

·
Registered
286 Posts
right about 5K Anybody else notice this....
Mine is new, about 500 miles on it. I noticed it immediately. It's not bad just noticeable. Remember my 08' had it around 4500 to 4800 at first and smoothed out some after a few thousand miles. I expect this bike to do the same. For what it's worth, the last several new bikes I've owned all had a narrow RPM range where there was some harmonic vibration. My 12' Ninja 1K did it around 6000 RPM, it got better over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts