Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the motowerk mirror extender on my 2013 V and they VASTLY improved rear and side visibility. However, the left one is vibration quite a bit, as oppose to the right which is pretty stable.

Has anyone experience this too and how did you remedy the problem? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Thats normal on the Versys. I got the MotoWerks Anti-Vibe Riser that helped alot but theres still some vibe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine vibrates more on the left side. I have a 2012 with stock mirrors and extenders. I'm guessing that the right vibrates less because of the master cylinders' added mass. I'm going to try putting a band under the left mirror mounts to even them out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have the same problem and im thinking of drilling a very small hole Under the Mirror and fill it whit something so the Mirror wont vibrate anymore , i think its the glass that is too loose and needs to stick to something on the back

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I posted about vibration last week, searching for an answer to find if aluminum bars reduce vibes significantly. The answer is, not by much.

I don't want to rehash the mirror thread (search site, it's covered elsewhere) but will throw my irons into the fire: it's a parallel twin and yes, they do vibrate. Not as much as my old Norton Atlas, but still significantly more than a 3 or 4 cylinder engine.

I have mirror extenders and my left vibrates more than right. It vibrated without the extenders too. My left mirror eventually broke at the ball swivel so I replaced both with a pair of Tuono mirrors. Vibration is still there, especially at 4~5000 rpm. I accept it and I live with it. There are motorcycles with worse characteristics.

Besides, the vibration is not a problem above 6000 rpm!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know if this will be of any help cause I have bar end mirrors but after I syc the throttle bodies the bar end mirrors are pretty clear through the rpm range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts