Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very high tech, it should work, look forward to a review from someone here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks cool...you'd just think that they would choose a different name.
but how can you fit it inside the handlebar? its a tight hole, not like in the picture..

but agree on name change.. otherwise milfs will be looking for it thinking it´s a kinda of... oh well...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Doesn't look like it would work with bar end mirrors or bark busters.
I had the same deduction. For whatever reason lately, I can't seem to shake off the wrist pain. I am apt to go more the route of 1-1/8" oversized bar, as other thread seem to merit it's benefits; and, I can keep the handguards in.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I had the same deduction. For whatever reason lately, I can't seem to shake off the wrist pain. I am apt to go more the route of 1-1/8" oversized bar, as other thread seem to merit it's benefits; and, I can keep the handguards in.
I have had numbness in my left hand all the way to my shoulder. This has gotten worse since I bought my bike. Never thought about the bike causing the prob. Doc & neurologist tested and says Carpal Tunnel.

Do you have a link to the larger bars thread?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have had numbness in my left hand all the way to my shoulder. This has gotten worse since I bought my bike. Never thought about the bike causing the prob. Doc & neurologist tested and says Carpal Tunnel.

Do you have a link to the larger bars thread?
This is the post (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=74495&postcount=6) in particular I am talking about, you can read the whole thread also other's opinons.

They (Rox Risers) make a standard riser and an Anti-Vibe Riser, but supposedly with the thicker bar you will get less anyway. I replaced the stock bar with a SE Pro Taber, and it still isn't quite the fix, not to mention I am no longer comfortable with the bend. Trial and error, unfortunately, is costing my pocket book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to the forum but I thought I would let everyone know I sprayed Great Stuff foam into my stock handlebar and I can really tell a difference in the reduced amount of vibration - so much so that it made riding the bike much more likeable. I just unscrewed both bar end weights, stuck the tube into the throttle end and sprayed it in until it started coming out the other end. An insignificant amount of foam came out of one of the tiny holes where the cable ties plug in, but nothing to worry about - just let it dry a little and pop it off. I went back the next day and repeated the procedure, let it cure a few hours, knocked off the excess at both ends again and put the bar ends back in. It is definitely a cheap option and significantly reduced the amount of vibration to the hands. I also found some cloned "grip puppies" on Ebay and that helped too. Not sure if it will show up but here's a picture of my bike:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb261/bamabacker/000_0743.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm new to the forum but I thought I would let everyone know I sprayed Great Stuff foam into my stock handlebar and I can really tell a difference in the reduced amount of vibration - so much so that it made riding the bike much more likeable. I just unscrewed both bar end weights, stuck the tube into the throttle end and sprayed it in until it started coming out the other end. An insignificant amount of foam came out of one of the tiny holes where the cable ties plug in, but nothing to worry about - just let it dry a little and pop it off. I went back the next day and repeated the procedure, let it cure a few hours, knocked off the excess at both ends again and put the bar ends back in. It is definitely a cheap option and significantly reduced the amount of vibration to the hands. I also found some cloned "grip puppies" on Ebay and that helped too. Not sure if it will show up but here's a picture of my bike:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb261/bamabacker/000_0743.jpg
Interesting approach! Is this foam just like the weatherproofing spray foam you can buy at home Depot? Might be worth trying since I've got some lying around in the garage. Just not sure about the permanency of it. I can't imagine it'd be easy to "undo" this, right?

·
Registered
295 Posts
That foam is an interesting idea, optional to silicone paste.
Although I would follow the silicone way. Have used that foam in the past to close gap holes from outside porch into inside home. Problem is after about 6 months the foam started to break down into a fine grit sand, did not maintain solid properties

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Is this foam just like the weatherproofing spray foam you can buy at home Depot?"

Yes, it is. I saw it at HD for $3.98 last Saturday. I had a can on hand and thought I would try it. I was pleasantly suprised at the results. I suppose it could break down over time but I'm not too concerned about that. Just happy to have some relief!

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife just confessed!

Before knowing me she used vibranator a lot!

hheheheheh sorry couldn´t resist, every time I look at the post header I laugh

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Great stuff is a polyurethane based product. This material degrades when exposed to sun. However, I do not think it will see much sun inside the handle bars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts