Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The buzzing finally got to me. I was used to vibration on the Duc, but the high-speed vibes on the V were wearing my hands and feet out. I just installed ProGrip 719 grips (a long time favorite of mine), and that dealt with the handlebar vibes quite well. Looking at the pegs, then at my leftover stock grips, I came up with...

Free, quick and easy. The bike feels awesome now! So much more solid feeling and comfortable. I also took my first ride wearing my new Etymotic ER6is', and knocked out all of the wind noise. That, combined with the shield flip and extension and the grips, I am realllllly happy with the bike.

Brennan-

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, they're so tight they don't need it. I did have to remove the curb feelers, but I can live with that.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Dude I'd glue them, rubber cement (industrial strength).....

Once they get worn in a bit, maybe it rains, they start spinning, or you need to hold on tight and brake/shift and they spin or shift....

Just thinking out loud.

Luke

·
Registered
268 Posts
How about some pics of the Progrips? Have you ever seen or used the 713s? I'm thinking about putting them on my bike, but can't seem to find any info on them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are the 719's open ended? I thought they were, but I wasn't sure and neede to know prior to ordering.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, they are. At least the ones I got were. Somewhere I saw them listed both ways. If you get the closed ended grips, just cut the insert out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts