Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Does Yamaha build anything bad? From pianos to motorcycles, they always seem to be impressive.

Heres the Yamaha I've been drooling over for a month now...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yamahas marine division gets 5 stars. Their outboard motors are the standard,super reliable which counts for a lot if you dont wanna get stranded way offshore. I think you have to love your bike but for the right reasons. Design, looks, counts but how it works is the beauty. Kawis got no-nonsense engineering, a history of devotion to performance, the long heavy industries legacy. I listen to my 650,even with stock muffler and it doesnt sound "sensible" like a lot of motors. Like somethings a little crazy in there, a tormented soul with a loose screw or two.. Hungry for more fuel and throttle!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does Yamaha build anything bad? From pianos to motorcycles, they always seem to be impressive.
Not bad, but their products are not without faults or issues or affected by the accountants to reach a price point. My Yamaha bike were a 1977 XS750 and a 2015 FZ-07. The engine in the FZ-07 is the same as the Tenere 700 but the rest of the bike was built to a budget. So much so that I wasn't willing to spend money on suspension upgrades. If they brought the Tracer 700 to the states with all the goodies that are on the Tracer 900 GT, I would be very interested.

But right now there are still enough different air cooled bikes that I haven't owned out there to keep my dollars going in that direction.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts