Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I came as close to a deer on my V-Rod as I ever want to again. Let start at the beginning, the kids are up in PA spending time with the grandparents on both sides. My wife, who never wants to ride, wants to go to dinner at the diner, and wants to ride on the V-Rod. It’s about 6pm, we leave the house for about a 10 minute ride. About 1 miles from the house 200 yards from the firehouse, the road turns from a 2 lane to 4 lane. A nice white SUV speeds up and goes past me in the passing lane, the SUV get about 10 yards in front of me in the left lane and all the sudden I see this brown thing in my peripheral vision come flying from behind the SUV. As I turn to see what the frack it is, I realize it’s a DEER and coming right for us. It must have jumped, because I felt something hit the left back side of the helmet, and the bike did not go down. I pulled the bike over about 100 yards down the road in a safe spot and check my pants for any brown stains, my wife says she got hit by the deer in the helmet and shoulder, but is fine. All I think is holy ****, that could have been really bad, we were starting to speed up to highway speed, we were going about 50 at the time.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok.

A few days after you posted this my roommate had an encounter with a deer on his street legal WR400 (he was riding it back from storage so he could show it to someone who was interested in buying it the next day). Long story short, he high sided, ended up with a concussion and a night's stay at the hospital.

Dang deer are everywhere.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rutt season will be here in a couple of months thats when the V gets put away and the Bow comes out.

I bet the V could drag a big 12 pointer out of the woods.

Great story glad ur safe.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Moments before the incident the deer was overheard saying to his companion, “Hold my salt lick and watch this!”
:funnypost:

Glad everything worked out ok. I hit my third with a bike last summer after riding approx. 840 miles home that day I was less than a half mile from home. The next driveway was mine.

I must admit I have been a little spooked about riding at night since.

But I have been very, very lucky. Three strikes and have yet to put the bike down.
knock on wood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts