Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I used the 3M dual lock stuff to attached my GPS to the handlebars. I no longer use it because I found I didn't like having to drop my head to look at the GPS.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Never under-estimate the usefulness of a zip-tie! They rank up there with duct tape, IMO.:thumb:
Duct tape has a bit of an edge in my view....it comes in many colours!:D
Plus I've heard it called 100 mile an hour tape, so it's good for almost any speed too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Make sure you have a password for your GPS. I had a friend whose car was broke into. They stole her GPS and garage door opener. They pushed home on her GPS and it led them directly to her house and opened her garage. Stole several items of value. Otherwise, like the ziptie idea......pretty crafty :)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
To prevent more theft - When you program "home" into your GPS, it's a good idea to set the location to a major intersection in your town, and not your house address. That way if your GPS is stolen, the theif will not know where you live.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Make sure you have a password for your GPS. I had a friend whose car was broke into. They stole her GPS and garage door opener. They pushed home on her GPS and it led them directly to her house and opened her garage. Stole several items of value. Otherwise, like the ziptie idea......pretty crafty :)
For a few years now I have made the address of my local police department HOME. By the time I'm anywhere near my town I know where I'm going but perhaps a thief will be stupid enough not to know better.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Plus I've heard it called 100 mile an hour tape, so it's good for almost any speed too!
Actually Ron,
It is 'gaffers' tape (specifically "permacel" brand) that is known
as '100 mile-an-hour' tape.
You won't find it at the hardware store, But most every major city has a motion picture /theatrical equipment rental house that stocks it.;)
:D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
:D Don't have a garage door anymore so I switched mine over to the "chief cook and bottle washer" mode. She rarely hisses or spits so I consider the conversion a success. Wouldn't even consider doing this mod on a newer version though... it may explode in your face.

Stagehand...thanks for straightening me out on the gaffers tape issue. :eek: I'll keep the speed below a hundred 'till I get some of the good stuff for my chain.:D

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
When I was in the RCAF, we called it 600 mile an hour tape (actually it was "gun tape" to cover over the gun barrels till they were shot. When you see an old war movie you can see the tape 'fluttering' after it's shot off.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts