Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post is ther any diff in the bikes from 2009 to 2011 bikes can get a 09 brand new for a really good price thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
asked and answered. go to the search bar, enter this: difference 2009 2010.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Bit of advice, if you can get your hands on those fast orange ones get one or a red is jus about as fast.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome Fast Cat! This has been discussed a lot on here and if you do some searching you should find all the answers you are looking for. If it was me, I'd buy an 08-09 for two reasons. 1) They look better to me & 2) Save money and invest it in something else like farkles, a vacation, good safety gear, etc.

Though, you really can't lose with the Versys so you should be happy with any of the years. The only perk, IMHO, to the newer bikes is that they have ABS in the UK and some other places, but not in the states. Not sure where you are...

Anyway, welcome aboard and happy hunting! :)

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
... Or get a COUPLE! (Are you the "Fast Cat" of Gixxer racing/ home-made heated vests?) :thumb:

GREAT bikes, the Versys! :yeahsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bit of advice, if you can get your hands on those fast orange ones get one or a red is jus about as fast.
Based on extensive, highly objective, scientific research...the GREEN V is the fastest V.:closed:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't have a versys yet - can't afford second bike right now and my wife view of a happy marriage requires at least one comfortable 2 up bike in the house.

But, I have been looking at Versys consistently for a few years. Bill has it right if you are on a budget. If I were buying and if I am reading the market correctly, I'd get one of those 09's at a great price, seat, shield, hard bags for free.

If not on a tight budget, the the new version upgrades look worthwhile.

The guys will point out if my math is wrong on the pricing....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks all i will prob get the 09 save money and get lots of goodys i live up in omak washington little cold right now thanks for imfo

·
Registered
665 Posts
Omak a "little" cold? I'm about 100 miles south of you and it is damn cold down here. ;)

And the Blue ones are the best. :)

The Kawa dealer in Moses Lake had several in stock when last I checked...but that has been awhile ago.

·
Registered
61 Posts
get a left over

its always better getting a leftover ..Here's my 2009 i got this past september $5500 after tax and stuff $6100 out the door and they threw in some polish to keep it nice and clean....

throw out the stock seat and get a corbin with the $$$$ you will save.....

rode to work today 27F out should be in the teens when i leave tonight

lovein it:goodluck:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's negative something here today, and for the past couple, so you guys that are actually riding need to stop complaining! :mad:
:joke:

·
Registered
61 Posts
ya at some point it gets too cold for machine..i think 15F is my limit not for me but for the bike . things get to brittle at temp's like that. I

hope the temps move up for you
zgfiredude

1 - 15 of 15 Posts