Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with handguards that don't require removing the bar ends or relocating controls. Barkbuster Blizzards look like a good match for the V300, but its not clear that they will fit. The Givi HP4121 (while more expensive) look like a simple install, but are out-of stock at revzilla and not available at local shops. Its getting too cold in mid-atlantic to be riding without hand protection, but I'm not ready to hang up my spurs for the year. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You do need to remove the bar ends for the Givi HP4121. Have it in mind

·
Registered
28 Posts
All most all metal frame hand guards will require the bar ends to be removed. If you don’t need a metal frame for lever & hand protection, just buy the Kawasaki ones, they come with a new clutch & brake lever pivot with nuts & spacers to fit them.

I just modified a generic metal bar type & cut the Kawasaki originals to fit with sone 4mm alloy plate mounts.

YMMV

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you do get the barkbuster blizzards, I would be very curious to hear how well they work, etc.

As for other options, I've got the trackside brush gaurds with the plastic handlebar mounts, and do not recommend them. They just don't really work well at all, and are a pain. I've seen one our two forum members who use the version with the aluminum mounts, and have had good things to say about those, but I've yet to personally try them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts