Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a two month old Versys X300 and it like all others start out with a nice looking gold (ish) tint on the twin pipes. I'm not sure what that is but is burns off pretty quick with all pictures of Versys X300 with some miles on them posted in this forum.
Functionally there is probably no issue. Probably 80% of Versys owners wouldn't notice or don't care.
Then there is the 20% that would prefer to keep the pipes shinny. Mine already started to have blotchy areas of gray so I got out my go to product called Simi-chrome and shined them up. The side affect is that the gold is going away with or without any work by the owner. So when I was done they are really polished stainless pipes and look much better then where they were headed with an appearance of an old stove pipe. Anyone else try some elbow grease and some kind of product on your Versys ?
What I used can be bought in a tube or tub and is called Simi-Chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
Vx300 Embrace the Revs!
248 Posts
I got mine with 2k miles already on it. So I missed out on the factory finish. It had a pretty easy life for the first 3 years. 11k now after my first year on it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
all pipes change colour of get 'rusty'. it is easy fix. you scotch bright, soap and water and you can clean it all in 5 min.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remarkable, even with the picture you posted yourself with the name on it, you couldn't spell 'Simichrome' correctly!
Fixed it. I'm an engineer - we fix problems not spelling. I've used this stuff for decades and just never paid attention. All good now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts