Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
you know the ninja 400 has been around for years now.... its just FINALLY getting a US release.... before you could only get it in Cannukistan (Canada)

·
Registered
308 Posts
you know the ninja 400 has been around for years now.... its just FINALLY getting a US release.... before you could only get it in Cannukistan (Canada)
That 400 was just a debored 650 to pass tax laws-I think they are talking new engine--smaller- lighter that would be great-a little back ground in Asia 400cc is max before license and tax laws get heavy so you see a lot of 400cc bikes Yamaha SR 400-stroked to 500cc for North America- Kawasaki 650 debored to 400cc- Honda 400 series stroked to 471cc for us and so on-so I can see Kawasaki doing that-and I'm sure you know a 250 Versys is also available in Asia-all these small bikes are not made for us- Asia first much bigger market

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the 400cc motor was available in some Asian markets due to licensing restrictions, but not in Canada? Makes sense if they put the 400cc in the Ninja, the Versys-X will follow suiot. Guess we'll know in a few months. They still haven't CARB certified the 400 motor for USA homologation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never herd of a 400 Ninja
Small bikes never sold here in Canada in the past.
But for some reason the Versys lineup is really making waves.

And it looks like the 300 has bigger sales to older people.
As in a second bike so I or I mean we Older guys can have a play bike for dirt riding.

And I bet Kawasaki never thought older guys that used to have full on dirt bikes (CR, YZ, KX, RM) would be in the market for such a bike.

Rob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kawasaki just CARB certified the Versys 300 as a 2018 model, so I'd guess no 400 for US market.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Never herd of a 400 Ninja
Small bikes never sold here in Canada in the past.
But for some reason the Versys lineup is really making waves.

And it looks like the 300 has bigger sales to older people.
As in a second bike so I or I mean we Older guys can have a play bike for dirt riding

And I bet Kawasaki never thought older guys that used to have full on dirt bikes (CR, YZ, KX, RM) would be in the market for such a bike.

Rob
I resemble that remark.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found this thread in a search...my question exactly!

I was 95% convinced to pull the trigger on a Versys-X 300 as a commuter, then I heard of the Ninja 400.

If Kawasaki is going to release a Versys-X 400, I think I'd rather wait.:|

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
We could find out later this week! AIM Expo opens in Vegas on Thursday the 11th, and the Kawasaki homepage has a countdown timer, and is putting out teasers; so they are stirring up some hype which is exciting.

The KLR is done after this year, and I maintain that a Versys-X 400 makes the most sense as a replacement, im hoping we see that this week. As well as a supercharged middleweight engine in a new chassis or two :grin2:

Reactions: Pismocycleguy

·
Registered
143 Posts
The best replacement for the now discontinued KLR650 would be the new Versys-X 400-21..........a Versys X-400 with the off road capable 21" front wheel.........I would buy one yesterday.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I thought this had been posted before. The 400cc engine is a sleeved down 650 engine. The one that is in all Kawasaki 650 twin bikes. As such it has no advantages over the 650 engine in package size, cost to make, or weight. It was created simply as a way around regulatory displacement restrictions in the EU and Asia. This poses the question, why not simply use the superior 650 engine in regions the do not have tax or licensing restrictions linked to a 400cc cap on displacement?

·
Registered
759 Posts
We could find out later this week! AIM Expo opens in Vegas on Thursday the 11th, and the Kawasaki homepage has a countdown timer, and is putting out teasers; so they are stirring up some hype which is exciting.

Bastages!!! Ya took A.I.M. away from us Floridians! WHY??? WHYYYYY??? >:)

A.I.M. is one of the best places (at least when it was in Orlando!) to go for test riding at your leisure. I would get there by 7:30 am and sign up to ride a different bike for every 30 minutes!
Also, if you're slackin' and don't get there until late, you can always stick around towards the end as there's a lot of no-shows which allows you to jump on and go!

Most of the convention center was a lot of sellers selling very similar products but there are some totally cool new stuff that has potential!

Enjoy and take pics! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Ninja 400 basis AS$4,999 (RM20,401),and color scheme:

Ninja 400 – Metallic Spark Black, AS$4,999 (RM20,401)
Ninja 400 – Candy Plasma Blue, AS$4,999 (RM20,401)
Ninja 400 ABS – Metallic Spark Black, AS$5,299 (RM21,625)
Ninja 400 ABS – Candy Plasma Blue, AS$5,299 (RM21,625)
Ninja 400 ABS KRT – Lime Green/Ebony, AS$5,499 (RM22,442)
Ninja 400 ABS SE – a Pearl Solar Yellow/Pearl Storm Grey/Ebony, AS$5,499 (RM22,442).

from local website. Yet to see one on the road so far, but interesting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts