Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the responses, I'm torn between the new KLR (FI, ABS), the x300, and the Versys 650. I know a lot of this is very subjective, friends my size hate the KLR seat, it's not bad enough to spend the $$$ on a new one. I use Shinko 705s because I don't go off-road enough to warrant anything more aggressive. Forest roads and gravel are fine with the 705s. I average 58 mpg as long as I stay out of towns and off the Interstates. I do take longish trips occasionally, or spend 90% of a Saturday riding around the NC/SC mountains.
JT, I live near Lancaster, SC. Most of my riding is from there to the NC/SC/GA/TN borders. Occasionally, I wind up in VA.
I have the KLR setup with 16t front/42t rear sprockets for lower top end rpms. The x300 is very tempting, although I am still leaning toward the V650, but I like the idea of a lighter weight bike because I like going around corners without slowing down much.
Thanks again for the input.
Hi from South Africa i have a V650 2015 model. I love this bike you will love this bike aswell. Been on long trip stopped en each town petrol usage is great at 150km/h going over your usage increases but i bought my bike not to travel 120km/h. I also changed my stock exhaust to performance pipe and boy the Versys goes amazing. There is only one 650 to buy and that is the Versys. I ride my bike daily and i enjoy it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks again for all the input, I have never heard anyone that has been unhappy with their purchase. I say that, I spoke to one gentleman who said his wife was unhappy with the purchase because he was always out riding. She made him trade his V650 in on a V1000 so she could go along. That's not a big problem with the bike though!

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
788 Posts
Thanks again for all the input, I have never heard anyone that has been unhappy with their purchase. I say that, I spoke to one gentleman who said his wife was unhappy with the purchase because he was always out riding. She made him trade his V650 in on a V1000 so she could go along. That's not a big problem with the bike though!
That's similar to why I got my Versys-x 300 ... my CRF230M didn't have enough room for me and my wife. I always took it camping. The 300 is just light enough to carry (on the front of my truck) when towing my camper ... but comfortable enough for two-up; especially with the Corbin seat. In fact, it's good enough two up that I sold my NT700V (honda).

I miss the small crf230m for local trail riding though ... so I'm talking myself into/out of (repeating) another smaller, street legal trail bike. Maybe as small as a Trail 125 ... or as capable as a KLX230 ... or cross those two and get a Van Van 200 (neat like the 125, but more capable). Lots of options !!

Reactions: GeoGator

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
381 Posts
That's similar to why I got my Versys-x 300 ... my CRF230M didn't have enough room for me and my wife. I always took it camping. The 300 is just light enough to carry (on the front of my truck) when towing my camper ... but comfortable enough for two-up; especially with the Corbin seat. In fact, it's good enough two up that I sold my NT700V (honda).

I miss the small crf230m for local trail riding though ... so I'm talking myself into/out of (repeating) another smaller, street legal trail bike. Maybe as small as a Trail 125 ... or as capable as a KLX230 ... or cross those two and get a Van Van 200 (neat like the 125, but more capable). Lots of options !!
I want a Trail 125.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts