Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, im henry from Indonesia, we only hv versys 250 model here and not 300 like the rest of the world..this is going to be my daily ride and for long distance touring..
For the future mod, i will go to mod the power related area start from gearing and piggyback or ecu flash..hopefully can improve the low rev torque and highspeed power..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
welcome to the forums. just curios do they just do a motor swap from the 300 or is it sleeved cylinders or some other way of restricting it to 250cc? you can always keep your eyes out for a totaled 300 and do a motor swap if you can get it shipped in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the forums. just curios do they just do a motor swap from the 300 or is it sleeved cylinders or some other way of restricting it to 250cc? you can always keep your eyes out for a totaled 300 and do a motor swap if you can get it shipped in
yes,

would love to swap to 300, because the only main difference is on the stroke..so need the longer cylinder sleeve and longer piston rod..the cyl head must be the same..and i think ecu is also has different map. the main problem is the swap is not cheap..maybe around 800us..

·
Super Moderator
19,113 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I'll bet the 250s use the "older" Ninja 250 engine VS the 300.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:welcome: aboard!

I'll bet the 250s use the "older" Ninja 250 engine VS the 300.
Yes, maybe..they said the mapping almost the same with the z250..but they used the old er6n ECU socket..so the ecu is different from ninja 250 ecu..hope to find a place to flash the ecu..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts