Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Cool photo! :thumb: That's your V so is that you in the photo?

I did that on my klx 250, but I have to admit I just have not done it on my V and don't think I will. :eek:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
getting the front UP seems to be easy enough, my concern is getting it back down without beating the crap out of the front suspension

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
balls & injured pride will heal, but I hate having to fix things that have abused
(other than myself):teetertooter:

·
Registered
134 Posts
getting the front UP seems to be easy enough, my concern is getting it back down without beating the crap out of the front suspension
I do alot of wheelies and haven't seen any ill effects to the bike yet.. that's with a pretty heavy set-up (crash bars, cases, my fat ass, etc). I think i'm doing more engine wear than anything..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I do alot of wheelies and haven't seen any ill effects to the bike yet.. that's with a pretty heavy set-up (crash bars, cases, my fat ass, etc). I think i'm doing more engine wear than anything..
That's probably because you know what you're doing...meeee?

·
Registered
261 Posts
First gear wheelies. I love em.

Just hoist the front tire and when it runs out of rpm, let it set back down. No pounding necessary. For your own azz, cover the rear brake!

Also why I use good street tires. Hoist the front tire in a corner. When it comes down I want to be sure its going to hold the pavement.

Tried it on the R1200R. Front wheel went up. engine sputtered wheel back on ground. I slapped my self on the forehead. Doh! ASC or Traction control!

Wear the gear and be careful.
Cover the rear brake!

David

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Howsabout Versys wheelie pics? This is mine with a 43 tooth sprocket. Seems to get it up just fine!
Anyone else?
Nice shot of the exhaust system.

Which headers and muffler do you have on there?

I've heard that wheelies can be hard on the headset bearings, if you land too hard too many times. Always cover your rear brake while doing this.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
3rd, stand-up, no clutch.
Wow. Sick man! Didn't think the versys could get up like that without the clutch, especially in 3rd...

Would love to see more, perhaps a second gear :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
here's an older one I've posted here before. Since then, my DRZ was down for a couple months and I've gotten alot better at seated wheelies where I clutch it up in 2nd and shift into 3rd. Not nearly as good on the V as on the DRZ though..

drz:
youtube.com/watch?v=G8YS_jHwgXk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts