Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

So, I own a 07 gsxr1k right now but I am growing tired of the go fast to have fun style bike and im planning on selling it.(hopefully it will sell)

when it sells I plan on picking up a Versys. i have been researching it very much lately and all sources have said it is a great all around bike. great for some canyon carving and sport touring. which sounds perfect to me lately.

so Hi, and Hope to see you all very soon.:thanx:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome

:welcome: All your questions can be answered here. If you can't find some info. just ask and someone will likely answer(at least thats been my experience):cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hi there.

So, I own a 07 gsxr1k right now but I am growing tired of the go fast to have fun style bike and im planning on selling it.(hopefully it will sell)

when it sells I plan on picking up a Versys. i have been researching it very much lately and all sources have said it is a great all around bike. great for some canyon carving and sport touring. which sounds perfect to me lately.

so Hi, and Hope to see you all very soon.:thanx:
Not that long ago completed a advanced track day on the V and there were a few gsxr1k's there and they were really impressed with my wee horse especially with this track been a tight wee circuit, my wife calls it my funvee and it is a barrel of laughs, i always get if the bike with a cheeky grin like i am 25 years younger, test ride a v and you will be hooked.:goodidea:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Picked my V up on saturday, my 2 previous bikes were a zx6 and cbr f4i. The V is a blast to ride, it handles excellent, and the power really surprised me, and its just so comfy (especially if your coming off a sportbike), If you can test ride one I would highly recomend it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I traded in my 07 ZX10 for my 09 Versys. I'm happy with this change. I had my 10 for three years and did multiple trackdays with her. However, the ONE 500 mile day I did on her left me miserable. I do miss the power, but only a little. The added comfort is amazing, plus I can ride off not thinking about where the next gas station is, and the one after that. So, good luck!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm guessing you have already ridden a Versys or you wouldn't be so sure about buying one. Personally, I usually do research for a year or two before I buy a new bike. Always having taken care of the last one well, I'm usually in no rush. I made the mistake of test riding a Versys after seriously studying them for only a month or so. Shouldn't have done that! ;) A month later I was the happy owner of a previously owned, pristine 2008 passion red one. For the combination of comfort, sport and all around fun, it beats my earlier V-strom and Ducati, hands down (for me). It has the added bonus of not having to sustain the "push up" position for hours on end but still carves like a knife. If you make the jump to a Versys, I can't imagine you regretting it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
At first I tried not to notice the Versys because I had way too much invested in my V-strom with mods and farkles from end to end and top to bottom and still wasn't quite satisfied with things that couldn't be changed. I was especially concerned that if I took a good look/ride on the Versys, it might turn out to be the bike I should have bought. My worst fears were confirmed!........................Fortunately, there was a cure.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

Yup still looking been busy at work and I have had the chance to ride one yet. but I really am looking forward to it.

:thanx:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm really loving mine. 50-52 miles/gal. makes the commute alot easier on the wallet, the comfort and handling make it tons of fun!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
welcome! you wont regret the v its just plain rocks its hands down the best choice ive made.i looked at the vstrom but liked the v more then i rode both and the v was hands down better imo good luck and ride safe

·
Registered
157 Posts
52mpg is something I have never seen with my '09.

I'm getting more like 42-45mpg. I add 230lbs to the bike when I hop on, and I ride fairly quickly most of the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
coming from a 6r and not looking back. Supersports have their place... extended riding and touring is not one of them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup.

So I talked to the little Lady and she said I could keep my gsxr and pick up a Versys!

so now all I have to do is find the right price..... The dealer near me has brand new 09 Green or Blue for 5499.00 plus fees so I woulld be looking at around 6k OTD.

but I see used ones with very little miles for 4500 and less!

grrrr NOw I need one to pop up the California and I'll go get it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts