Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Hellforleathermagazine.com , this model will be offered in the US for 2009 by Kawasaki.

looks pretty good!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Typical Euro marketing. You take the basic bike, bundle some accessories and sell it a slight discount (compared to what the accessories would have cost individually). You can already buy all those accessories for your Versys (unless you live in NA, then the tall seat is not an option and you can have the bike in any color you want as long as it's red in the US).

Considering the price difference between what we pay and what bikes and accessories cost in Europe, I'd rather buy my own accessories at US prices than have the "option" of this bundled package. :thumbdown:

Gustavo

·
Registered
530 Posts
Gustavo - I wouldn't call this Euro marketing. It's typical in NA. Look at cars - dealers have sold 'Sport' or 'Limited' models for years. It's just a cheap badge and some extra accessories lambasted on to the car and sold for extra.

I agree - the Traveler is just the fully loaded accessorized model. Mechanically, except for the ABS everything else is the same. I still have most of the accessories added like the Vario windshield and the hard bags.

It just would be nice if we all got the same deal in all areas. Look at that accessory page - a whole lot more than we have in either US or Canada.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's my bike with paint. :yeahsmile:
I'd ride it.

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks cool

I like the color. I like the red too, however I wish it had less silver paint and more matte black like the green traveler. That windshield is ugly as hell, though. It looks like it was taken from another bike and super glued to the VS. And there's nothing wrong with some matching bags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A new member Lucifer has this Traveller model in Belgium.

Except his has the Versys embroidered low gel seat and ABS! Some great pics of this bike in his post.
Actually guys, I'm thinkin, there was a S-T comparo where one of the side cases were insulated AND had the drain spouts built in, on the bottom. So, you didn't even have to take-em-off to drain the melted ice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually guys, I'm thinkin, there was a S-T comparo where one of the side cases were insulated AND had the drain spouts built in, on the bottom. So, you didn't even have to take-em-off to drain the melted ice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.