1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Personally, I have been looking everywhere for a small bag for pocket crap while I'm riding on short rides and day trips. I like the Kawi bag. Was just at the dealership today and wish I had known about it. Guess I have a reason to go back tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I recently bought an AXIO tail bag from one of our forum members who had it listed on e-Bay. I was the sole bidder and I snagged it for a mere $99. :D

So far it's been almost perfect. It's not too small, not too large, has a hard cover with double zippers can be secured by a small lock to give a bit of security, a built-in back rest that's surprisingly effective, and it looks good on the V. It's a bit pricey if located at a retailer but you can't beat it for $99.

If interested, take a look here: http://axioluggage.com/tailbag_silver.html

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I recently bought an AXIO tail bag from one of our forum members who had it listed on e-Bay. I was the sole bidder and I snagged it for a mere $99. :D

So far it's been almost perfect. It's not too small, not too large, has a hard cover with double zippers can be secured by a small lock to give a bit of security, a built-in back rest that's surprisingly effective, and it looks good on the V. It's a bit pricey if located at a retailer but you can't beat it for $99.

If interested, take a look here: http://axioluggage.com/tailbag_silver.html
I also run with the AXIO....Brilliant, simply brilliant! and it looks good too.:thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rode back to the dealership this afternoon and ordered the bag. It was not in their current catalog but he found it online at the Kawi site. It is listed new for 2012 and states that they are being shipped. Was told that I should get mine on Tuesday. I'll let you know more later. Ride on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
How do you guys mount up with all that luggage on there? I have Givi E21's on my bike, with no tail bag, and I still wind up kicking them every now and then. I swing my leg over the tail section, right where that bag sits, and there's no way I'd clear it doing it the way I do...

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
How do you guys mount up with all that luggage on there? I have Givi E21's on my bike, with no tail bag, and I still wind up kicking them every now and then. I swing my leg over the tail section, right where that bag sits, and there's no way I'd clear it doing it the way I do...
Step back and kick your foot "through" over the driver seat, not around from the back. :goodluck: I usually hold onto the left handlebar for balance before attempting the kick. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Step back and kick your foot "through" over the driver seat, not around from the back. :goodluck: I usually hold onto the left handlebar for balance before attempting the kick. :thumb:
Or when you're older (like some of us) grab the cuff of your right pants leg and "power-assist" your leg over the saddle! :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is exactly the way I do it, but I have to admit, I feel and probably look like an idiot.
It's the way I do it, too. If somebody thinks I look like an idiot, that's their issue, not mine. I'd have to stand on a box to swing my leg over the back.;)

Can't figure out why motorcycle designers choose high-ass rear ends like a cat in heat and useless short fenders. Style over function.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are days when I feel spry enough to swing over it, and it helps if I bend my leg at the knee, but most times it just isn't worth trying. I guess you are right, hell with them if they can't take a joke.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Assuming the sidestand isn't sitting on an unreliable surface, you can always step onto the left footpeg, which gives you the added height to make it easier to swing the leg over loaded back seat. I have to do that, or resort to the method above of kicking my leg above the rider's seat, when I have my camping gear lashed to the passenger seat because the bags are full.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts