Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some minor scrapage on one of the silver radiator covers (plastic) that pretty much just removed the paint but didn't do much damage to the plastic.

Before I put the crash bars on I want to repaint the silver.

Any commercial spray paints come close enough to this silver? I have heard there is a Krylon and a Rustoleum that are pretty close but in looking at my local hardward stores there are a bunch of different silvers between the two brands.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used some krylon spray paint called "hammered". It goes on textured so you do not have to be exact and it covers any small imperfections. There is not a perfect match so I took off all the plastics that were the same color on both sides and gave them a quick coat. Now they all match.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used some krylon spray paint called "hammered". It goes on textured so you do not have to be exact and it covers any small imperfections. There is not a perfect match so I took off all the plastics that were the same color on both sides and gave them a quick coat. Now they all match.
Pics please.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have some minor scrapage on one of the silver radiator covers (plastic) that pretty much just removed the paint but didn't do much damage to the plastic.

Before I put the crash bars on I want to repaint the silver.

Any commercial spray paints come close enough to this silver? I have heard there is a Krylon and a Rustoleum that are pretty close but in looking at my local hardward stores there are a bunch of different silvers between the two brands.

Thanks!
Paint them black!! :)

The stock Duct Tape silver is terrible!! lol Painted mine two weeks ago.

(I bet O'Reily auto parts will have the color)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go to your local autobody supply store and see if they have SEM brand aerosol bumper coat colors. SEM makes a lot of matte finish silvers, greys, etc., which are used to match OEM automotive trim and bumpers. They have a color chip chart which can help you find the right color. I use them quite a bit at my shop. If you can't find an exact match, you may find something you like better....charcoal, titanium, etc.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Use Krylon silver and before the paint completely cures (about 15 minutes), spray with Krylon clear. Believe it or not, this nearly perfectly replicates the original color, plus the advantage of clear coat protection and cleanup. It's worth $7 for a couple of cans to prove it.

V-Zee

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohhh....a "titanium" color would be sweet! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts