Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 690 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
SO HERE WE GO FOLKS...a "SIGHTING" thread.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? Hello? Bueller????

Then I'll start.

a month ago I sighted a "RED" going north on Lakeshore drive in the Grosse Pointe area.
I would have turned it around but I was on my way to work.

But even closer to home...My sweetie saw a "GREEN" heading north on Groesbeck Hwy just north of Metro parkway ( 16 mile road). The pilot was wearing a green leather and 'Kawi" green helmet. (nice touch) :thumb:

If you guys are out there....say Hi":D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have only seen one other V around town, (or in any of my travels for that matter), and he is a member of this forum.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Haven't seen one in my area since i saw a blue one that was part of the group for the "Halloween Ride" sponsored by Motrocycle Factory Inc. in my area last October. I normally go out riding every weekend towards Shenandoah.
Cheers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are there any other '10 Versys owners besides me out there? I am having a time getting a taller windshield and hope us '10 owners can band together and get the windshield makers to get busy designing something for us. Looks to me like all it needs is an adapter to make an older design fit. Mike with Mike's Shields said he hasn't even seen a '10 yet and the guy at Cal-Sci is trying to get his hands on a '10 but can't find any in California or anywhere close by. If I had the money, I would think about a road trip but Texas to Cali is a bit farther than I want to travel even with the bike in the back of my truck. I am currently a bum (unemployed) and have the time, but lack of funds make it hard to travel. Now, you are asking yourself . . . how did this bum afford a brand new '10 Versys? Long story but let's just say my credit is really good and I know how to haggle for both a good price on the trade-in and the new bike I just bought.

:)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just saw a green one in my garage this morning.:D
DAM 'Jim-Jim", me too!!!!!!! in my garage that is!

You do know that greens the fastest........:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Are there any other '10 Versys owners besides me out there?
I am having a time getting a taller windshield...
Yeah I’ve got a 2010 ... and I want a real windshield too.

I had ordered the Kawasaki “Tall” even though it’s just a tad bigger than the stock one and I doubted that it would do the job effectively... but I’ve cancelled that and ordered the Givi which they’re telling me is supposed to be available in the U.S. within a couple of weeks.

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/moto_regionali_usa_com/52080/0.1.1.kversys65010lato.jpg

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/52079/0.0.1.d410st.jpg

http://www.giviusa.com/My-motorcycle/?ma=KAWASAKI&mo=Versys-650

·
Registered
250 Posts
Saw a red versys in Essex Junction, VT ( outside of Martone's ) on Friday of last week. First other one I have seen on the road ( any color ) besides mine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I saw a red one 150 miles away from home in Selah, WA in March so I bought it.
Have only seen one other outside the captivity of a dealer's showroom, even in Seattle where I work.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got passed by a blue two weeks ago with Givi side bags going 405 N in the afternoon, also a Red, with a madly-waving-at-me rider the morning prior going the opposite direction! :) :cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've seen one riding down control Rd(a dirt road in the rain) in Payson AZ. I passed him in my UPS truck so I couldnt stop to meet him.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I passed a red one in NY yesterday and a blue one in CT the day before.

Why are we doing this? Is there going to be a prize? :dgi:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got passed by a blue two weeks ago with Givi side bags going 405 N in the afternoon, also a Red, with a madly-waving-at-me rider the morning prior going the opposite direction! :) :cheers:
I go to the Sultan Bakery on my green 09 once or twice a month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I think most non-riders out there think you have all been out in the sun too long, touched I think they call it. Versys spotting what will you think of next, wheres wally!

1 - 20 of 690 Posts