Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I picked up the Versys that Ribeye was selling in Idaho. Thanks, Ribeye! It was a pleasure doing business with you. The bike is awesome.

I flew out to eastern Idaho on Saturday and picked the bike up on Sunday. Monday morning, I started riding back home to Oregon. Day one I rode around 330 miles in pretty hot, arid temperatures. There wasn't much in the way of topography the first day. I rode ATGATT with my mesh jacket and pants sans liners and still worked up a sweat. I don't know if it was all of the straight highway, me not being in good shape, or a combination of the two, but I was getting pretty sore in my lower back and posterior after the first hundred miles or so. I took a couple of breaks along the way, grabbed an early dinner and before I knew it, I was nearly halfway home.

Day two I rode 388 miles from Ontario, OR to Eugene, OR. I didn't have to worry about sweating at all. Wow, what a change in temps today. I guess climbing a couple of mountain passes will do that. The ride from Ontario to Burns was uneventful. I stopped just before Burns to fill up and put on a fleece pullover... I wasn't quite ready to put my liners in my jacket yet. Well, after passing through Burns and another hour, I was ready for my liners. I got rained on a couple of times and the pullover just wasn't cutting it. Wow! The liners made a HUGE difference. I was pretty comfy there for awhile. At least until I made it through Bend. Santiam Pass kicked my butt. It was raining and probably close to 35 degrees.

Just a tip for anyone traveling through Oregon... add 50% to whatever the weather report predicts for the chance of rain. :) Even with the liners in - which kept me relatively dry - the temps and the wet were brutal for 45 mins or so. Once I got down from Santiam Pass (4800ft elevation), things got a little better. At around 3500ft, the roads were dry for awhile and I got to have a little fun in the curves. (Safely) passed a few cars and RVs and had a ball. I was still a bit wet, so the wind chill was felt the rest of the way home. That said, it's the most fun I've had being miserable in a long time. :)

I made it home safe and sound and there's a beautiful green V in my garage. I'd call it a win!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Brand new bike and a ride report! Brilliant!!:thumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats and :welcome: and trust Ribeye will keep in touch here.

:cheers:
Fastoman, for sure I will keep in touch with the gang! This is the best forum ever. I am happy for VisForVonski he is a great guy he will be a good addition to this forum. Well, I will continue to check in and see how everyone is doing? Keep in touch and keep writing no I mean riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts