Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I don't have my own bike yet but planning to buy one this winter. I have ridden several bikes so far: SV650, T Tiger, CBF1000, HD883, Wee-Strom and Versys.

I was almost sure about Versys but then I had test drive and OMG! What is wrong with seat? I was sliding towards tank which was not so uncomfortable as annoying.

I don't want to buy 8k USD bike and spend another 500 USD for custom seat.
I don't want to buy 8k USD bike and dissemble seat by my own.

...or I will get used to it?

I have heard that AirHawk solves this issue for good - can anyone confirm that?

Tnx,
[email protected]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought my '08 several months ago and it came with the Corbin seat. It sucks. I'm glad it came with the bike because if I had bought the seat thinking it would be comfortable . . . I'd really been pissed. It's hard with very little padding. Since the Corbin was on the bike when I got it I can't compare it to the OEM.

I use a gel pad I bought at REI for $35. It's "extra large" in size and is for a "beach bicycle" seat. It helps.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Airhawk Medium Cruiser works for me. 17k miles of both long and short hauls.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
I've had a Baldwin Tall Seat with Gel Pad and Leather Covering. A Corbin,A Russell Day Long,2 Kawi Gel Seats,and a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. Also rode a versys with a Regular Baldwin. If your know what your looking for out of a seat let me know and i'll give you my opinion and experience with the seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had a Baldwin Tall Seat with Gel Pad and Leather Covering. A Corbin,A Russell Day Long,2 Kawi Gel Seats,and a Terry Adcock Flat Seat. Also rode a versys with a Regular Baldwin. If your know what your looking for out of a seat let me know and i'll give you my opinion and experience with the seats.
I would like solve sliding issue w/o customizing seat too much. In your experience what is the best way to achieve this? It does not have to be mega comfortable (I am not doing Ks of miles) just this this sliding issue.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got used to the stock seat fairly quickly, and rode it for about a year and a half. You'll learn to slide all the way back in the seat and hold yourself there. The forward slide got to me for the first few days, but after figuring out how to anchor my butt, it became more natural. This method isn't very comfortable after about 45 minutes though, because it puts pressure on your tailbone. I recently switched to a Seat Concepts seat for longer distances. It has it's own drawbacks, but does get rid of the forward slide completely.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got used to the stock seat fairly quickly, and rode it for about a year and a half. You'll learn to slide all the way back in the seat and hold yourself there. The forward slide got to me for the first few days, but after figuring out how to anchor my butt, it became more natural. This method isn't very comfortable after about 45 minutes though, because it puts pressure on your tailbone. I recently switched to a Seat Concepts seat for longer distances. It has it's own drawbacks, but does get rid of the forward slide completely.
I agree about the stock seat...just slide back

·
Registered
365 Posts
I didn't want to spend that much for a new custom seat, so I tried the SeatConcepts foam/carbon fiber cover which they send you and you can install yourself or get an upholsterer to do it for you..... About 150$ and in my opinion feels exactly like a Sargent seat!!! :)
Lots of posts here regarding the SC seat.
Cheers

·
Registered
429 Posts
here you go, when Weljo shows up the whole room turns quiet a listen :D a truly wikiversys! man you should work as advisor for kawasaki for their 2014 model! :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Well Weljo what do you think is the best seat for all around riding ?
You need to be a little more specific. Are you doing a lot of stopping and going,more highway,canyon,etc,etc. are you able to flatfoot at stops with the stock seat. Certain seats will spread your legs further apart and you might wind up on your toes at a stop.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts