Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there a lot of problems with the versys?
I got a problem with my wife's bike.
I tryed to start it and all i got was a clicking sound from the starter and than everything whent off. No lights no dashboard only the tacho that goes up and down when you re conect the battery.
Am i missing something simple?

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Sounds like an almost dead battery to me..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done all that but the whole bike is not responding its like the battery is not conected but it is and fully charged.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Take a look at the kickstand switch and make sure its connected properly

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Done all that but the whole bike is not responding its like the battery is not conected but it is and fully charged.
How did you confirm the battery is fully charged? Just putting a voltmeter on it and reading 12 volts does not mean it has the power to crank the engine.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Take a look at the kickstand switch and make sure its connected properly
I doubt you would get clicking from the starter with a bad kickstand switch. For that matter, neither would you with the kill switch off as I suggested checking.

I still lean on the dead battery theory..

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
How did you confirm the battery is fully charged? Just putting a voltmeter on it and reading 12 volts does not mean it has the power to crank the motor.

True my stock battery indicated fully charged when hooked up to a charger. but wouldn't crank over the bike. i hooked up a battery jumper to the battery and the bike would start and run then when i disconnect the jumper the bike would die. Put in a new battery and no more issues.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I doubt you would get clicking from the starter with a bad kickstand switch. For that matter, neither would you with the kill switch off as I suggested checking.

I still lean on the dead battery theory..
:right: forgot about the clicking.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
How did you confirm the battery is fully charged? Just putting a voltmeter on it and reading 12 volts does not mean it has the power to crank the engine.
+1
You need to load test the battery.
Just checking for 12 volt with a volt meter means nothing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When i put the ignition on the on position with a low or battery the dash would still come up but i get nothing

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had this once and for me it was the starter relay located on the left side under the seat. Its in some diamond shaped box.

No harm checking as that too has a fuse attached to it.

Good luck...

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Are there a lot of problems with the versys?
I got a problem with my wife's bike.
I tryed to start it and all i got was a clicking sound from the starter and than everything whent off. No lights no dashboard only the tacho that goes up and down when you re conect the battery.
Am i missing something simple?
Yes, there are a lot of problems with the Versys. Sounds like you need to sell it to me for $2000 and I will strip it and try to find some good parts to sell and maybe make back my money. :huh:

Dude. Not a good way to start a post. Sounds to me like a bike that hasn't been cared for the way it should be. What year bike and how many miles on it?

Sorry for being sarcastic, but your post just made it sound like you are not happy your wife bought a Versys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got home and put my batt on and what do you know it came to life. I have never seen a batt go bad like this.
Thank you all for your help in solving the problem.
:thanx:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts