Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi,

from the registration plate WNY4307, bike registered in kuala lumpur, capital city of malaysia. orange colour indicates a 2007 model year. fitted with Givi E21 side boxes. looks stock except for siren n strobe lights. unlikely to be official police bike as no marking on rear mudguard (showing the state where the vehicle is operating in). police bikes here are white in colour. foto taken in a back lane. moreover not seen any of these on local roads before. undergoing secret trials ?. or a private individual up to no good ?. or marketing effort by manufacturer of siren/strobe ?. take a guess ......

rgds

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't actually think it's a police bike. I figured maybe it was a demo bike for the manufacturer of the lights and sirens (at best. You're likely right). Mostly, I think it's neat. Thanks, though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How funny. I am a Police Officer, and I was JUST wandering how the Versys would do as a motor unit in and around town...then I saw this thread

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Where I live I've seen the police using GS 650's thumpers. The one's I've seen have knobby tires. I guess they want to be able to follow the guys in the dirt bikes when they leave the pavement. If that's the case Versys might not be the right bike.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Element thats too cool.

Forgive my ignorance, but could you explain for me who these fella's are? I'm new! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Element thats too cool.

Forgive my ignorance, but could you explain for me who these fella's are? I'm new! Thanks!
The Real Automóvil Club de España (RACE), (English: Royal Automobile Club of Spain) is the Spanish equivalent of the American Automobile Association (AAA) in USA, or the Automobile Association (AA) in UK. The club was formed in 1903 to provide roadside service to drivers in Spain. Along with other European automobile clubs, RACE formed ARC Europe to provide reciprocal and cross border business services. RACE is a member of Alliance Internationale de Tourisme.

http://www.race.es/index.html

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts
hi,

from the registration plate WNY4307, bike registered in kuala lumpur, capital city of malaysia. orange colour indicates a 2007 model year. fitted with Givi E21 side boxes. looks stock except for siren n strobe lights. unlikely to be official police bike as no marking on rear mudguard (showing the state where the vehicle is operating in). police bikes here are white in colour. foto taken in a back lane. moreover not seen any of these on local roads before. undergoing secret trials ?. or a private individual up to no good ?. or marketing effort by manufacturer of siren/strobe ?. take a guess ......

rgds
Those are not police bike but city council bikes. The city of KL had this bikes but were dis-commissioned due to some problem-not sure what. so all unit were sold off.
Saw a unit for sale somewhere in Malaysia, not sure where.

My Red-nice to see you on the forum.

:cheers:

·
Registered
875 Posts
The Real Automóvil Club de España (RACE), (English: Royal Automobile Club of Spain) is the Spanish equivalent of the American Automobile Association (AAA) in USA, or the Automobile Association (AA) in UK. The club was formed in 1903 to provide roadside service to drivers in Spain. Along with other European automobile clubs, RACE formed ARC Europe to provide reciprocal and cross border business services. RACE is a member of Alliance Internationale de Tourisme.

http://www.race.es/index.html
Thanks Invader! Dream job or what, EH! "Good work if you can get it!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts