Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm picking up a Versys I purchased on eBay next weekend. A blue 2009 with only 131 miles. I currently ride a 2010 BMW F800ST. I've put almost 10k miles on the BMW since I bought it in 2010 and I love it. I've taken it on weekend trips around New England and even up to the track in Loudon, NH. The Versys is to be a second bike, not a replacement. So, hopefully it's different enough to keep around. My husband has doubts but I'm hopeful.

My name's Melissa and I've been riding about 4 years. Don't worry, I didn't start on a brand new BMW. I had a 2006 Ninja 500 before the BMW.

Hoping to learn all about my new bike on here!

-Melissa

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome: Congrats on getting the best color & a great little bike.:)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, i came from a single thumper BMW 650 cc GS and I do miss the superior suspension and slight more off road abilty but on the road the versys would eat my old beemer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: Congrats on getting the best color & a great little bike.:)
I would have preferred the green 09. :rolleyes: Something about Kawi green draws me to a bike. Must be cause my first bike was a Ninja. There seemed to be a lot more blue 09's for sale when I was looking though. Just my luck.

My husband has a love of all things blue so he's already made jokes that this one will be his.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Welcome! Nice find with only 131 miles! Lost in someone's barn? Enjoy it. Know you will.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello all,

I'm picking up a Versys I purchased on eBay next weekend. A blue 2009 with only 131 miles. I currently ride a 2010 BMW F800ST. I've put almost 10k miles on the BMW since I bought it in 2010 and I love it. I've taken it on weekend trips around New England and even up to the track in Loudon, NH. The Versys is to be a second bike, not a replacement. So, hopefully it's different enough to keep around. My husband has doubts but I'm hopeful.

My name's Melissa and I've been riding about 4 years. Don't worry, I didn't start on a brand new BMW. I had a 2006 Ninja 500 before the BMW.

Hoping to learn all about my new bike on here!

-Melissa
Welcome!

As with any bike, most everything on the V can be upgraded and there's a decent aftermarket for Versys mods.

Only real need i've found so far is upgrading storage (went with a small Givi topcase). Not needed if you're good with backpacks/messenger bags.

Looked long at the F800 offerings prior to buying this Versys.

Came down to limited BMW dealer network in my area, and outstanding incentives by Kawasaki (along with show coupons) on new V's.

Would love to hear your thoughts between the two once your new V is broken in.

Value wise for a do it all streetbike, there's not much not to like about the Versys. -Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the bike registered over the weekend and so far I've put on more miles than the original owner (160 versus his 140). The bike's a lot of fun. Much more upright than my F800ST. It's also a whole lot more user friendly. I still have to make some tweaks to make it a little more commuter worthy (mostly storage) but seems like a great complement to my ST.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome

I also picked up a '09 blue versys with super low miles last year and it's been more fun than most bikes in the past. It does about everything great, btw i've owned over 20+ bikes of all makes and sizes. So far i've just added a bigger windsheild and a top rack, also have a speedy lowering kit and smaller rear spocket coming. I hope you enjoy your bike and the forum as much as i have. All kinds of great info on mods, aftermarket parts, ect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts