Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Just checking in and saying hello from the Pacific Northwest!

I just bought my first true street bike, a brand new (leftover) white 2013 Versys 650 from a local dealer...a deal too good to pass up. $4,600 cash before the state took their share.

I've been riding since I was 9, currently owning two plated dirt bikes (barely street legal) as well as an off-roader and a trials motorcycle. The woman in my life also rides a plated honda CRF.

Looking forward to some light touring. I plan to set the bike up to be dirt road capable as we have a vast amount of forest service roads to enjoy throughout the state.
I also hope to do some 2-up weekend trips, so any tips for suspension setup and added storage is much appreciated.
---------------------
Sent from my iPhone, so go easy on me!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome from north west oregon

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Alaska! I would consider different tires IF you plan on any extended gravel/fire road riding. I'm sure you know that with your previous off-road experience. The V is capable of many terrain choices if properly equipped. Enjoy it! :thumb: My New to me 2011 is almost 1 year old and it has been quite fun to ride to say the least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Tires are definitely in the works...if I can find something for a 17" front!

I feel bad for those if you who can't ride through the winter. It was a great commute to work this morning!

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts

Thanks!

Tires are definitely in the works...if I can find something for a 17" front!

I feel bad for those if you who can't ride through the winter. It was a great commute to work this morning!
I run either a Metzler Tourance 130/80x17 front (requires raising the front fender - 1.7" on mine), or a Continental TKC80 120/70x17 knobby. BOTH work great, but the Metzler gets INCREDIBLE mileage - as much as 36K miles according to reports, and mine are OVER 18K miles already, NO end in sight...!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome from the east.
That was a really good price. I think I need to call you next time I go shopping.
Buz, :welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that bike. I wanted that bike. They had a blue '13 also. I called them too late. I picked up a Green 09 w/859 miles on it. (Long Story) I'll see you on Hwy 9. Great roads in your neck of the woods. JJ

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio, Texas.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I got the same bike as a leftover last march.... I am embarrassed at what I paid compared to the deal you got. Congrats!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hello from the Big City ;)
I'm also in the process of making mine more dirt capable. Will probably try and take it over FS17 later this summer. That looks like a fun & scenic road but it's a bit of a slog to get there on my KLX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts