Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Chaz, give it another shot. HTML code should be universal between Macs n PCs so if you copied the link right it should pop right up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent my seat to Diamond in Florida with pics of me sitting on the bike along with my height and weight. The seat is 1 in wider has NASA foam and allows me to move rearward about 2 inches it also is 1 in lower. I can now ride 100 miles between stops with no difficulty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice seat :thumb: How much and how long did it take?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Aight, so why can I not see the picture? I am using a windows XP computer and the newest update of Mozilla Firefox. I wanna see the seat!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice seat; How much and how long did it take?

The seat took a couple of weeks and cost $300
I like it much better than the Corbin, mustang... seats that I have owned.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I sent my seat to Diamond in Florida with pics of me sitting on the bike along with my height and weight. The seat is 1 in wider has NASA foam and allows me to move rearward about 2 inches it also is 1 in lower. I can now ride 100 miles between stops with no difficulty.
Only 100 miles??? Doesn't sound like much of an improvement. :eek:

Seems very low to me, but I guess I need to know how far you went on the original seat to compare.

Gustavo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stock seat was terrible. It pushed me forward and my rear was sore within 30 miles. No matter what I am riding I like to stop every 100 miles and stretch my legs and back. I noticed that after 100 miles of non stop twisties that I had no complaints at all. My longest day on a motorcycle is 700 miles so I am no iron butt rider and to be honest 400 miles per day suites my taste just fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chazzman, Very nice.:thumb:

Where did you get the stainless brake lines? I like the red sleeving on them.

Also, what did you use to paint the plastics? Fusion?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scarey wrote: Chazzman, Very nice.

Where did you get the stainless brake lines? I like the red sleeving on them.

Also, what did you use to paint the plastics? Fusion?

The lines came from HEL Performance out of England.
I bought a spray can of black satin paint made for plastic adhesion. The paint came from O'rileys a local auto parts store. I removed the body work necessary to access the front panels and removed the turn signals. I then cleaned the panels with oop's cleaner a little sanding and 3 coats of paint.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Chazzman,
Thanks for sending me a link. I was gonna ask what paint you used to add a little more black to the bike but you answered that already. Looks great man.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Kudos on you V. That bike is looking clean!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm trying to think of what other mods you've listed that haven't been asked about yet. :D

Your bike looks fantastic, and you've given me a lot of great ideas. I'm curious about the rear inner fender mod. Did you simply cut the bottom section off, or was there something more to it then that?

Also, could you tell me a bit about the Speedy's lowering kit? The seat height on my Strom was 32.3" and was about an inch higher then I would have liked. The Versys at 33.1" could be even more of a problem.

Thanks!

P.S.: Is this the site for the seat builder you used? http://www.diamondseats.com/ Their focus on cruisers threw me off a bit, and wanted to make sure I'd bookmarked the right one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts