Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I'm currently lurking to find out more about the Versys. The Versys looks to be very function over form, which I like. I 'm thinking of replacing my old (1985) but reliable Honda Nighthawk which I use for commuting to work. The Versys looks like it would be easy to maintain, but why no center stand?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome, Enigma66!

Maybe I'm just rationalizing my own recent purchase of a Versys, but I think it is actually much better looking in person than it is in any of the photos I have seen. It is very functional, but I think its form is a good match for any of the other tall bikes that are on the market.

Why no center stand? My guess is that they want to able to sell all of us one as an aftermarket piece!

Reliability? If what I've read from owners in Europe and Canada who have had the Versys long enough to wring it out thoroughly, it is very reliable and simple toe maintain - although the fuel injection and the rest of the chips in the bike mean that you'll probably need to rely on a dealer for anything beyond routine oil changes and the like. However, you might be a more accomplished mechanic than I am. Almost everybody is!

Peace,
Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts