Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a surprisely fast hookup of forum member Killbilly and myself which ended up him riding off yesterday on my Versys.. was glad to hear that he feels that he got a good deal... I know I will later regret selling the Versys but put 2 great trips from Austin to Virginia and a total of 11000 miles without a hitch.... I want to thank the forum members for all the support I received during setup and ownership.. I will be lurking around even though I am now Versys-less...

:thanx:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No..:D... have a Bandit 1250 S... on the TwoWheeledTexans...Maximum Suzuki.. had an FJR on FJRForum and FJRiders..had Can Spyder on Spyder Lovers.. been getting around..:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you getting? will you still be riding?

F.
Found a deal on an '07 Suzuki Bandit 1250S.. for the past 3 years I have gotten a bike to setup (throw money at it) during the winter months and make 2 trips from Austin to Virginia spring and fall.. then find another deal and trade and repeat..this year was a little different .. got a Can Am Spyder..got it all setup only to total it (not hurt) about 3 weeks before I was to leave for Virginia.. that is when I got the Versys... I will be 71 in January and just trying to get some different experiences before I can't ride anymore....

·
Premium Member
7,840 Posts
Found a deal on an '07 Suzuki Bandit 1250S.. for the past 3 years I have gotten a bike to setup (throw money at it) during the winter months and make 2 trips from Austin to Virginia spring and fall.. then find another deal and trade and repeat..this year was a little different .. got a Can Am Spyder..got it all setup only to total it (not hurt) about 3 weeks before I was to leave for Virginia.. that is when I got the Versys... I will be 71 in January and just trying to get some different experiences before I can't ride anymore....

All this at 71. man you are great.:thumb:

Hang around big bro and :goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I will be 71 in January and just trying to get some different experiences before I can't ride anymore....
At last I've found a role model.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
So glad you are still riding. Love the Spyder, what caused your accident? Some local club members have Can Ams and love them. I wanted to test ride one at the rally last Sept, but didn't have time. Anyway, congrats on the Bandit, I hear great stories about that bike. Keep it between the fences, and do visit with us anytime. :cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love the Spyder, what caused your accident?
Truck pulling a trailer dropped his trailer jack on the road.. I ran over it and it caught on the frame causing frame damage..my insurance company totaled it..wanted to buy it back but they send all motorcycles to auction..I watched the auction on the internet and it sold for $9000 to someone in California.. couldn't believe they got that much...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hope to be 2... or 3 wheeling at 71! Good luck with things!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Damn! I hope I am still riding at 71! Good on you!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hamie, if you get Versys withdrawal give me a ring and we'll go ride, and I'll let ya drive it.

You gotta let me ride the Bandit, of course, but we'll sort that out later. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,395 Posts
... I will be 71 in January and just trying to get some different experiences before I can't ride anymore....
Good on you, Hamie! :goodluck:

(I'm ONLY 67 so I just bought ANOTHER Versys, the new one to replace my '04 KLR650 back in Alberta. :yeahsmile: )

·
Registered
466 Posts
You are an inspiration. I am 66 and am retiring in the spring. Been riding since 15 except for a few years when the kids were young. Motorcycles have always been the corner stone of my life and not sure what in the hell I would do when I can’t ride anymore. Hope that I am still able to follow your path.

·
Registered
434 Posts
No..:D... have a Bandit 1250 S... on the TwoWheeledTexans...Maximum Suzuki.. had an FJR on FJRForum and FJRiders..had Can Spyder on Spyder Lovers.. been getting around..:yeahsmile:
You have a great sense of humor!:D Sorry to see you go.

V-Zee

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You're doing all right with the Bandit. You still have a ways to go but when you don't want the two wheels any more, Piaggio makes the MP3 up to 500cc. Two wheels on the front and automatic. Feels like a motorcycle as opposed to the Spyder which to me felt like a snow mobile. I've ridden both. Let us know about the Bandit.:clap:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hamie. Happy trails! 66 yrs. here and catching up to you. Bet you remember the old kick starts and if you're like me probably still have the bruises on your calf from the kickbacks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts