Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to bikes & am doing research. I've decided on the Versys. I called Progressive & they want $2,061 a year! That's $172 a month! Would/can any of u shed some light on what I really need coverage wise. How I can get this down. Or anyone else who is better insurance wise. I'm 39, live in Phoenix, arz & I have a GR8 driving record. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Parker colorado, I'am with american family insurance,280.00 a yr full coverage. That also cover's my hard saddle baggs.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Make some phone calls, and decide if you really need collision insurance. Most insurers offer a discount of around 10% if you take a motor safety course. Ask about different deductibles. I'm paying less than $200 for theft and liability only through Geico.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's ridiculous.

Have you checked Rider Insurance? They're pretty cheap.

I'm with Geico in NJ and I think it's around $750 with full coverage and 100/300 limits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm with State Farm, $275.00 every six months.
This sounds about average I think.
I am 43 years old, this might make a diff?

·
Registered
451 Posts
NJ
Rider ins
Aprox 380 for the year
31 yo
no points
new rider

·
Registered
144 Posts
insurance

I am with NationWide. They have a motorcycle policy, mine is $399.00 a year full coverage and roadside assistance. Check with your local NationWide rep. I didn't even know they had a seperate motorcycle policy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
State Farm $280 a year in SD. The only downfall to State Farm is that they only consider the year and the cc's when pricing your policy. So I pay $280 a year for an '08, inline twin 650cc and my brother in law pays $250 a year for his '08 inline 4 cylinder 600cc ZX6R. Plus as of right now they have no system set up to increase your rates for an at fault accident. In other words, you wreck you don't pay more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm with State Farm, $275.00 every six months.
This sounds about average I think.
I am 43 years old, this might make a diff?

450 a year. State Farm. Full coverage $0.00 deductible

30 years old. unmarried. Virginia. I have my car with them too. and my renters insurance. so I may get a discount for that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks every1..

I wasn't expecting so much feedback & in 1 day. Thanks every1. I think it's clear that progressive was trying 2 rip me off. *sheesh*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Denver, 43 yrs old, no points.
$140/yr - 500 deductible, no medical as I have it already.
Shelter Insurance and I have my car and house with them too

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in vegas, 40 years old, clean record, State Farm, $40 a month, $500 deduct., full coverage. What gives? I've been with the same guy 15 years

·
Registered
109 Posts
48, full coverage, no deductible, fire and theft, uninsured motorist.
$385 a year for three bikes. The V is almost $160 of that.

Allstate, they also insure two cages, the house and have for twenty-seven years. I did threaten to take my business elsewhere earlier this year when they offered to up my rates. All of a sudden they were very competitive.;)

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 26, good driving record, and am only paying $411/year with progressive for full coverage in TN. Thats also with the 10% safety course discount. I wonder why in the freak they're asking 2,000...that seems a little ridiculous.:dgi:

·
Registered
93 Posts
24, geico liability only 132/year, if you got financed through kawasaki you don't have to have full coverage...!?!?! I might put full coverage on after I turn 25 but I don't want to get screwed so we'll see what happens...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm 26, good driving record, and am only paying $411/year with progressive for full coverage in TN. Thats also with the 10% safety course discount. I wonder why in the freak they're asking 2,000...that seems a little ridiculous.:dgi:
Inthe mountains, thank you. Yea, the guy giving me the 2 grand price was a little odd. I'm calling back. Would you be so kind as to break down exactly what your coverage is. Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts