Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Versys India Riders - Nagpur Meet-up 2019:

In India, we have a fairly big group of Versys riders / owners, staying in different cities of this large sub-continent. Estimate total Versys owners in India would be around 500+. We do have couple of WhatsApp groups and then riders are also connected via other social media platforms or personal interactions. The main national group is known as "Versys India Riders" (VIR). On a daily basis within the VIR WhatsApp group, we chat about accessories, parts or services, travel plans or tales, food and some light jokes.

Occasionally, the regional (local city) members do have their mini meet-ups, or some meet along their rides. However, it was a long discussed subject to have a national meet, wherein members across India could join. After a lot of discussions, the venue was fixed as Nagpur city, center of India. As per the final list, (only) 16 members could join the event.

VIR Meet-up Dates were 07-09 Dec'19. An awesome resort next to a jungle was booked. Members coordinated and reached there - some had to travel 2 days to reach. A lot of them meeting others for first time (though often spoken or had chat). Knowing each other, sharing experiences, showing-off accessories, discussing issues - overall it an amazing experience. It was delightful to see all members together doing their chain cleaning & lubricating task!! We also had a small off-road ride to backwaters of a large (water) dam. We had some of our members (& vendors) to kindly sponsor some goodies for this group, thanks to them. At this occasional, we even got printed VIR Tshirts and stickers for VIR members (lovely logo designing by one of own member). Hopefully, next time when we organize our VIR Meet-up, we would have more members joining, and even more fun. We even initiated the discussion, venue would be difference of-course :)

Post the meet-up, I extended my trip for a solo ride to Amarkantak town. This place is from where the holy Narmada river originates, and it was my long personal wish to visit this place. In totality I clocked about 3100 KMs in this whole trip, and it so much fun.

Below video I have captured my trip : VIR Meetup and Amarkantak visit. Some of my speech would be in Hindi language :)

Hope you like it.

regards,

Pranav
(Mumbai)

·
Super Moderator
20,653 Posts
I flew thru Mumbai (stayed for a couple of days as I recall) when it was still called Bombay - while in the RCAF, back in '70.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi - How can I join this group? Is there a WhatsApp group which I can be a part of ? I am based in Gurgaon.
Hi.
sorry, saw this after a long delay!!
There are couple of regional whatsapp Versys Groups (like DVG = Delhi, etc) and then pan-India = Versys India Riders (VIR) group. you can PM me your name and mobile number, I will add you there.

PS: Whatsapp's group limit of 257 members creates hassles, we may not able to add in VIR, but in DVG there are less members.

and yes, all do take care.

regards,
Pranav

·
Administrator
8,309 Posts
There are some members form India . Do drop the word for the groups to join here and hope we all can be good friends.

Meanwhile stay safe and ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Pranav,
Can you add me to the group? I can't PM you over the forum somehow!

Thanks

Hi.
sorry, saw this after a long delay!!
There are couple of regional whatsapp Versys Groups (like DVG = Delhi, etc) and then pan-India = Versys India Riders (VIR) group. you can PM me your name and mobile number, I will add you there.

PS: Whatsapp's group limit of 257 members creates hassles, we may not able to add in VIR, but in DVG there are less members.

and yes, all do take care.

regards,
Pranav

·
Super Moderator
20,653 Posts
WELCOME aboard, Nightwing.

Once you've been here for awhile you'll be able to PM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Pranav,
Can you add me to the group? I can't PM you over the forum somehow!

Thanks
Hello buddy,
once you post few messages on this forum, you would be able to do PM. maybe you can do the intro posts - tell something about yourself. We do have several regional and a master Versys group - according you can be added on one.

regards,
Pranav

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I flew thru Mumbai (stayed for a couple of days as I recall) when it was still called Bombay - while in the RCAF, back in '70.
[/QUOTE
i
really you were in India? it is just a great place. but if you are not immune to it, amoebic infection, you are for a trouble. it is a very unhygienic place.

·
Super Moderator
20,653 Posts
On my C-130 crew, I was the ONLY one who did NOT get "Delhi-belly", and one fellow 'crapped-himself' down 30 POUNDS!

:poop:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts