Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time ever, a Versys will compete in the Iron Butt Rally this year, and the rider is one of our own moderators, Lonerockz.

Read my article about it here in Accelerate magazine.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Cool stuff, hope we get some pics :thumb:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Great article and impressive endeavor by Lonerockz. About 14,000 miles in 30 days of riding....wow! Not my bag but definitely impressive. :goodluck:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes folks.

Obviously really excited about the ride.

dxhFZ, I'm hoping to do the IBR with a GoPro camera and to create a time lapse video that compresses the 11 day ride down to 10-15 minutes. Not sure how successful that will be...

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:thumb::thumb: Great Article & :goodluck: Steve

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excellent writeup Lance!

And good luck to you Steve! I am in awe.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was really happy to write this story, not just because I enjoyed talking to Steve, but also because it will come in handy the next time someone on some other motorcycle forum (not this one, obviously) says you can't tour on a 650, or a 650 won't stand up to big mileage, etc., etc.

Maybe I'm a little perverse but I just love bursting people's stereotypes. :devil:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Awesome, Lance. Thanks for sharing.

You go, Steve! I'll be pulling for you...I expect we all will. Luckily he has the fastest Versys, a red '08. (Not that speed is the only issue in the IBR, but it never hurts.)

Edit: I shared the link to Lance's story on the ST-Owners forum which has a number of folks with a Versys. They are pulling for you, Steve.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Satanic Versys, no stock seat on mine. A Russell saddle. But I did do many rides on the stock saddle. Camp cushion and sheepskin help ;-)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nice article! Good luck Steve!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
See you at the start lonerockz. On Friday I'm headed out on my Versys to be a spectator at the beginning of the IBR.

After the start I'm going home to start a four wheeled tour with my wife to some of the in-laws. One of our last stops will be the IBR finish.

Good luck!

·
Registered
197 Posts
:goodluck: Steve! Show them what the V can do. :thumb:

And I would love to see a time lapse of your adventure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts