Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The June issue of MCN arrived yesterday and, what do you know, it contained an extensive and favorable evaluation of the 2012 Versys - in killer wasp black and yellow. They began by saying they had originally planned a comparison with the V-Strom 650 but decided it was a classic "apples and oranges" issue and chose instead to evaluate the Versys solely on its own merits. In their opinion, the V-Strom is more at home in the dirt and the Versys is more at home on pavement. Surely, there are those in both camps that will disagree. Go for the throat!!

Most of what they said we already know, but it still was an excellent article. Overall, it scored 4 1/2 "balls" out of 5 - but that should be no surprise to most of us here. :thumb:

I checked their web site - www.mcn.com - but couldn't fine either a preview of the current issue or the evaluation article (typical) but it's worth taking a look at if you can find a print copy of the magazine, if only to confirm our enlightened opinions. :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Two different publications: Motorcycle News and Motorcycle Consumer News. The latter (which has the article in question) is subscription only for the print version so the article won't be available online until at least such time as the next print issue is available.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two different publications: Motorcycle News and Motorcycle Consumer News. The latter (which has the article in question) is subscription only for the print version so the article won't be available online until at least such time as the next print issue is available.
Otherwise fewer people would subscribe to the print version! :D

Should be on their web site in about a month - the July print version should be out by then. :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Versys is a bike you have to get on and ride for awhile to really appreciate. My brother rode mine a few times and ended up selling his FZ6 and bought a new Versys. The bike just plain works. I love mine. I have owned 25+ bikes and the Versys tops the list.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just finished the break in period of my new 2011 versys leftover. I love the bike, its quick, agile, has enough power for 2 up touring and can handle dirt roads with ease! I am loving every minute of it!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Awesome bike! Yesterday went for a little ride down to the river and on a few back roads. I agree it takes awhile to fully appreciate this bike. When I'm on the dirt trails I love to stand up and look around. You can see so good tons of wild life, and its so comfortable! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
612 Posts
The Versys is a bike you have to get on and ride for awhile to really appreciate. My brother rode mine a few times and ended up selling his FZ6 and bought a new Versys. The bike just plain works. I love mine. I have owned 25+ bikes and the Versys tops the list.
I agree. I have owned several bikes over my 54 years and the Versys is the best of them all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the post! Great article and good pics of the best color. Not sure what they were talking about when they said you have to remove the top of the fairing to reposition the windshield. Also interesting that they loved the tires, rated the brakes higher than the suspension and the transmission highest of all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts