Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, to everyone, I just got my new 08 on 4-16-09 and it seems like a great bike. Only have a few hundred miles on it, but cant wait for the break in period to be over so I can really enjoy the bike. I have had bigger, faster bikes, but the fun factor on this bike is awesome. Always liked dual purpose bikes, but the Versys has made riding fun again, Im hooked already, plan to ride this bike as much as possible! This site is awesome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
hey bro where in illinois are you located

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Im in!!

And I'm in Decatur. Hey guys, we really should get together.

On a side note- Got a group of guys thinking about a Fast eddies/Alton Trip next sat(4/25). Also Steel Justice has a Poker Run 2. Decisions,decisions-But I love them Elwoods!!!:D
Pm me if you guys want to come-More than welcome!!

<br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.10662,-90.101624&spn=0.266405,1.768799&z=9&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like we will have to go riding some time in the near future, heck I work in Decatur, hopefully for a while. This may be a question for another thread but any suggestions for break in. I have been pretty good about staying under 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, and I guess its under 6 until 1000. I have only had mine 3 days and cant wait to get it broke in, I have been passed by everything on the planet, but I love this bike. I bought a 07 1250 in 08 and liked the engine but didnt ever really feel comfortable on the bike. Im glad it didnt now that I have the Versys, fun is back in the ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This site is awesome but all the stuff available for this bike are going to get me killed by my wife. Already want mirror extenders, a flat foot, peg lowering brackets and maybe someday a exhaust. Quadnut hows the Muzzy exhaust sound? Im going to go to youtube and see if any are posted.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Youll have to listen for yourself!!

This site is awesome but all the stuff available for this bike are going to get me killed by my wife. Already want mirror extenders, a flat foot, peg lowering brackets and maybe someday a exhaust. Quadnut hows the Muzzy exhaust sound? Im going to go to youtube and see if any are posted.
I like it!! BUt you may have to buzz over for a listen!!:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have been pretty good about staying under 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, and I guess its under 6 until 1000. I have only had mine 3 days and cant wait to get it broke in, I have been passed by everything on the planet, but I love this bike. I bought a 07 1250 in 08 and liked the engine but didnt ever really feel comfortable on the bike. Im glad it didnt now that I have the Versys, fun is back in the ride.
You've made it through the tough part. The Versys is kinda boring under 4000 and seems like it's lugging. 4000-6000 though is a whole nuther thing! The bike developes good power in that range and the motor really smooths out. You'll have 1000 miles on it in no time!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quadnut,
I don't think I'll be available next weekend. I've got vacation time through the rest of the month and I'll probably be in Missouri or Arkansas exploring backroads and campsites on my KLR. But keep me in mind for later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Spiderman, dont mean to sound like a motorhead, just want to be able to keep up on interstate without being left behind or hurting the new engine. I used to own a 86 KLR 600 and it wasnt a bad bike, but nowhere near the bike the KLR 650 is. Heck if I even pointed mine at trails it would overheat, but I still kept it until 1995 or so, and really enjoyed it. Have a good ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quadnut, thanks for the invite, but Im not sure about trying to keep up with a group until I get her broke in, but I will definitely go riding in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Quadnut, thanks for the invite, but Im not sure about trying to keep up with a group until I get her broke in, but I will definitely go riding in the future. Thanks!

No Prob-Open Invite though!:D Of course we ride pretty easy too. Nothing crazy or breakneck speed at all.

·
Registered
196 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts