·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yikes.
That leg down while rolling could have ended BAD. Lucky.

yeah, that's a sign of a bad rider ...and its obvious that he got cut off but, if he had his feet on the pegs ,maybe he could have used more brakes and had a different outcome...or avoided it altogether...

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Death Wish / Poor Rider

Look at 7:39 , a truck with trailer is changing into his lane, besides the speed he is traveling at , this is a good example of why some car drivers lack respect for bike riders.

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
222 Posts
I get through blind spots as quickly as possible. Even then, my escape path is everpresent. I am not a perfect rider, but I know everyone else is a horribly distracted and stupid driver. That’s my protection. In some cases no escape is possible. I simply hang back until one is. No worries. Not worth becoming a hood ornament for some fcktard on his or her way to Starbucks.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've not seen lane splitting in England. Is it legal? Classic situation in that wreck of a car making a turn in front of the bike.

Just got back last night from a week in England, mostly out in the countryside. Honestly I'd feel safer on 2 wheels on the lanes they are so narrow. With the hedges and winding road you can't see anything until it is right there, and making turns at intersections is as much hoping nobody is coming as anything else. But I only saw motorcycles in the city (Birmingham), where it seems much more dangerous to be on 2 wheels given how crazy everybody drives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts