Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I did a 1200km treatment to my 2007 versys. After I changed engine oil (15w50 cuz it’s hot here in Israel), oil filter and air filter I started the bike and the FI light came on.. then I took it for a ride and the bike didn’t behave as usually. The revs didn’t go above 4000 and it lacked any torque. What can be the problem ? I thought maybe I over-oiled the air filter but then I put the old one back and it did the same thing. Does the FI light go off once the problem has been resolved or does it stay on until I re-set it by power commander?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Check if you unplugged the air switching unit on top of the air box....

There is a little two-wire plug that goes into a little unit with a hose leading in and out of the airbox.

·
Registered
180 Posts
+1 on the airbox temperature sensor unplugged or something else unplugged.

The FI light is on because it senses something wrong. The bike is running poorly (I believe) because the control system senses something wrong and is in "limp-home" mode, rather than "normal running" mode.

Once you have corrected whatever the system is having a problem with, the bike should run fine. You will not likely be able to reset the FI light without fixing the problem.

There is a post that tells how to test the system to determine what is bothering it: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

I left my airbox sensor unplugged, and the above test told me what the issue was, error code 13.

Good luck,

Michael

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rip it apart and take out the two rags that you put in the throttle body bores so that nothing would fall in. Then it will run like a scalded cat. Don't think that I know this from experience cause I would never forget about those two rags.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Rip it apart and take out the two rags that you put in the throttle body bores so that nothing would fall in. Then it will run like a scalded cat. Don't think that I know this from experience cause I would never forget about those two rags.
:funnypost:

Scalded sloth more likely... but yes... rags in the intakes.... jeeeze...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts